Chapter 5

It would be nice having now a wonderful dream of happy unicorns flying past the fluffy clouds while I'm sitting on one of these fluffs, licking my rainbow-like popsicle after this dangerous occurrence that has taken place. But attention I am applying on 'it would be nice.' Only an hour later I was woken up again by Yuu shaking me up vigorously. "What time is it, Yuu?", I asked sleepily and slightly irritated.

"It's still dark outside and we have to use this time in order to flee from here"

"Yeah, yeah whatever", I mumbled with my eyes closed. But then it hit me like a striking bolt. "Wait, what!!", I cried out, now fully awake and still not believing it.

"You couldn't be any louder could ya', Yuu said sarcastically while he climbed the ladders down. "But hurry up (y/n) and don't forget to thank Mika, because believe me or not, he has stolen a map of this city and a gun from this noble bloodsucker Ferid."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. So fully awake I stormed down the ladder and made myself ready. A few minutes later my family and I left our house for good. We all followed Mika, who navigated our way with the help of his stolen map. Soon we reached the entering gates of this hell. We glanced one last time to our surroundings and started to walk towards the gates determined and our faces plastered with smiles. Hope. But as fast our smiles appeared, it has vanished within a few seconds again and our hope was ripped apart as Lord Ferid's voice echoed through the halls and his figure appeared while his face was filled with amusement. Piercing red eyes glancing at us and a sly smirk on his lips. "So, my dear live-stocks with which pleasure do I have the honour of meeting you all here. Now look at these scared faces humans make when their hope is being dashed."

I looked to my family and saw them being scared to deaths while trembling wildly. I looked back at this vampire upfront, who held a smirk. 'This was a trap. From the beginning, Mika, it was a trap.' Suddenly I felt something pass me in a blink of an eye. I turned around and my face was covered in horror and I stopped breathing. Ferid grabbed Fumie and was sucking her dry and then just dropped her down. Dead. My heart began to beat rapidly. An earsplitting scream of agony was heard. I think it was even mine. I looked back to my family and the only thing that came up my mind was a loud "Run!!!"

Everybody started to run for their lives. But the silver-heared vampire took one after another, killing them all. Only Mika, Yuu and I were left. Mika then snatched the gun from Yuu and sprinted towards Ferid trying to shoot at him. Yet, he was too slow and gave so an opportunity for Ferid to cut of his arm and pierced through his stomach. I immediately ran to Mika while Yuu managed to take the gun and shoot in Ferid's head. "Mika, why...", I started to sniff uncontrollably. But I was cut off as I heard the city guard coming to us. "You have to go. Now", Mika said weakly. His face covered in complete pain. "No way we are leaving you behind to those bloodsuckers", Yuu insisted, I nodded vigorously in agreement. We tried to pull Mika's bloodied body towards the exit. "No, you have to go. Because if you won't make it then everyone's death was just in vain", Mika argued after fighting out of our grips.

"But Mi- ", Yuu started, tears welling up.

"Just go already and leave me behind, you stupid idiots", Mika told weakly but sternly. He then looked at me pleadingly. And I understood. Even though I failed to protect my family miserably, I still at least have one member of my family left, whom I have to safe yet. So, I grabbed Yuu's arm and pulled him to his feet, promptly running out with him before the guards could get us. I turned one last time and the last thing I saw before everything disappeared in the tunnel, was Mika smiling happily and saying:" Thank you, (y/n)."

Everything felt silence. Only our footsteps and cries were heard. 'I'm sorry, Mika...Why did all of this had to happen', I thought as tears were running down my face. As we exited the tunnel, bright light blinded us. Though as soon as I got adapted to it; I opened my eyes and I couldn't believe what I saw. Everything was destroyed and covered under snow. Being only in my livestock's uniform I felt a sudden cold shiver penetrating to my bones, making me shiver and hug myself tightly. A masculine voice caught our attention. Yuu and I both turned around swiftly, and we saw a man with raven, messy hair wearing a soldier's outfit with a cape. Two young women standing behind him. "My name is Guren Ichinose an- ", he got interrupted as Yuu and I both hugged him tightly while still continuing to sob, making him fall to the ground as we caught him off guard. He put his hands on our heads and ruffled our hairs gently. "Don't worry, kiddos. You are safe now."