Chapter 28

By now my whole body was trembling, I saw him stand up from his sitting position, approaching me. I closed my eyes shut afraid of what is going to happen next. Suddenly, I felt how he took my chin and moved it upwards. "Open your eyes, (y/n)", Crowley ordered softly. I complied and opened them, meeting his gaze. But what I saw shocked me, his eyes were sparkling holding warmness in them. His lips holding a gentle smile. He just looked so frail and happy at the moment that tears welled up at the corners of my eyes. "Is it really true", he asked me hopefully. My hand went up to his cheek, caressing it softly. "Yes, it is true" I then took his hand and put it on my stomach "In there I'm carrying your child, Crowley." The next thing I knew he crushed me into a bone-crushing hug, twirling me making me laugh out wholeheartedly. "I can't imagine that I'm still going to be a father in this lifetime", he spoke brightly. I took the helm of his uniform and pulled him down, pressing my lips on his softly. As I let go of him, I finally told the words I was holding in: "I love you, Crowley." He hummed amusingly, and leaned in again "I love you, too." Before placing a soft kiss on my lips.

Later that night I was laying with him in his bed. My head way laying on his chest yet again allowing me to make circles on his well-toned stomach while he was playing with my long (h/c) hair. "How long?", he asked briefly. "About three and a half weeks. It's a miracle." He nodded in agreement. "Does anybody else now about it?" 

"Horn. At that time, she was the only one that made me realise with her theories that I was actually pregnant. Besides, I needed her moral support." Crowley laughed lightly at my confession. Tiredness was overtaking me, before I drifted off to sleep, I heard Crowley mumble: "In this miserable world you're a like a key that has opened the gates to heaven."

- Timeskip -

It's been now nine months; I was having now a huge baby belly, obviously. I knew that soon would be the time for my child to come out. Since the day Crowley found out that I was pregnant, regardless that he had still tons of work to accomplish and go on battles, he was very supportive and caring. The word was spread around quickly that I was pregnant, earning some extra attention and astonishment. As Mika heard the news from me, he turned pale like a ghost while Lacus was jumping around with me like we were some small kids laughing with happiness. Occasionally, as I took some walk outside, small children would often come up to me, asking questions about me and my unborn child, ignoring the major fact that I was still a noble vampire. Being kind, I allowed them even to touch my belly. From time to time the baby would kick making some kids gasp in awe. Back at home, Horn was helping me out on different occasions like an older sister would do. What made me happy as well was the fact that Chess and I have found an understanding between us and we became even great friends. 

Right now, I was heading to the library to pass some time but stopped promptly as I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I clenched my hands over it and hissed out in pain. A moment later a puddle of warm, wet water lapped at my feet. Realisation stroke me and I immediately dashed to Crowley's office room. Not even bothering knocking I barged in, breathing heavily. "C-Crowley, the baby is coming", I stuttered as another wave of pain washed over me. Crowley's eyes widen, he threw his papers on the desk and rushed to me. Taking me bridal style, he went off to some room while calling out for Horn and Chess through his whole mansion. They were within seconds at our side, seeing me they instantly knew what was going on. My breath shortened as another contraction came through making me clung to my stomach harder, screaming out. "My Lord lay her down we are going to prepare some stuff", Horn stated hastily. I was laid down softly. I let out a sudden gasp as I felt the sharp pain again. "Crowley, it hurts so much", I breathed out while sweating. He took my hand in comfort and spoke encouragingly: "(y/n) you're tough. You're going to pull it through." I nodded, though another contraction came, and I shrieked out. Chess was now staying on the other side of the bed. "Okay, (y/n), don't forget that you have to breathe in and out. It will help." "O-okay", I breathed out. 

Well let's just say the next hours were a nightmare. As soon as Horn ordered me to push the pain increased rapidly on a completely different level. I was panting and screaming. Sweating and gasping for air. Crowley was the whole time at my side, saying calming and encouraging words. Even though Crowley was professional at keeping his deep emotions hidden, I could still recognise right by the expression by his face that he was worrying. He was nervous but his eyes held happiness and proudness, exited to become the father. I squeezed his hand lightly and let a gasp of relief as the pain seized. I looked at him, suddenly both of us froze as a baby cry erupted. My head shot instantly to the source, blinking back the tears that threatened to spill any minute, I saw my newborn held by Chess and Horn quickly cleaning and wrapping it in a towel.

 "Congratulations! It's a baby girl!", Chess exclaimed, smiling cheerfully. I wanted to touch my girl as suddenly another wave of pain washed me. My breath shortened. "What's wrong with her?", Crowley asked worriedly. "Holy shit", Chess stated bewildered, "I think you're going to have twins." "What?!", Crowley and I inquired simultaneously. Another contraction went through making me scream out yet again. "Fuck", I shrieked out. "Crowley are you actually trying fucking kill me", I continued thinking about the pain that I'm going to go through yet again. Surprisingly, the second round went faster. It was a baby boy. I was crying my heart out while holding the boy and saying how beautiful both were. At the same time Crowley was holding our daughter, who wrapped her tiny hand around his finger, with a huge happy grin.