Chapter 12

As we arrived the next day in Shinjuku, all hell was loose. A battle between the vampires and humans has escalated. My squad and I were fighting in our formation pretty good, but there were just too many vampires to deal with. "Amondra, I think I need your help", I told her honestly. Immediately, black and white markings appeared on my face. Yuu and Shinoa did then the same thing. I then went for another attack with my polearm. The others close behind me. We then managed to kill another few vampires. "This spot is clear. Let's head to Guren and his team", Shinoa ordered in a strict tone. As soon as we arrived, we were confronted with a horrific scene. Guren was beaten up brutally by a blonde vampire. 'Wait. Why does he look so familiar?' Yuu then ran off to Guren's aid and stabbed the blond vampire unexpectedly. My eyes widen as I recognised who he was. "Mika!!", I screamed desperately and sprinted towards him. But I was halted as four vampires appeared in front of me. As a squad then, we started to fight them leaving Yuu with Mika for the time being. As I annihilated those vampires, I noticed that I got kind of separated from my own squad. 'Just great' I jogged then back still paying attention to every appearing sound. From far I saw how Mika was fighting Guren's squad, but he was rescued by a noble vampire with silver hair. My blood started to boil, and I was shaking slightly. "That's the bastard who massacred my whole family", I murmured through greeted teeth. I wanted to sprint, but I caught a figure from the right side. My anger evaporated out of my system. I turned to it and saw Crowley fighting the humans. A delighted smile appeared on my lips. "(y/n)! What are you standing around!", Mitsuba scowled me. I turned towards her and saw the rest of my team. "Now is not the time for daydreaming around. We have vampires to kill", Mitsuba scolded me in her usual strict tone. I only gave her an apologetic smile in return. Not wasting any time, Shinoa began to create new plan on how we should reform our formation. But I couldn't pay any attention to it and so my eyes drifted back to Crowley. 'He is strong and powerful, but there are just too many human soldiers fighting' I bit on my lip in concern. "We have found our next target", Guren's voice appeared behind me, making me jump slightly. I was shocked and, at the same time, impressed to see him all beaten up and wounded with his team here. "Shinoa's squad will lead the Thirteenth Progenitor into a trap. I already have informed two other squads in backing you up. My team will give him the final blow", he declared with sheer determination. I clutched my weapon tighter, and I felt a knot forming in my heart after hearing our next move. On command, we then sprinted towards him, but we were immediately stopped as another wave of vampires attacked us. I managed to outrun them while fighting some vampires down. My heart then froze as I saw how three soldiers were sneaking behind Thirteenth Progenitor. But he didn't seem to notice them coming, too focused on fighting those upfront off him. Out of instinct, my legs then started to run on their own. It's like time has slowed down. I could only hear my footsteps increasing their pace at every step I took and my own breathing. 'Sorry, everybody. And I'm sorry Yuu for betraying you all.' At this moment my polearm collided with the bodies of the two human soldiers with full force. A scream of agony was heard. Crowley looked at me bewildered. I just had to smile at him. I then looked at my comrades who were shocked at my act. Guren then yelled with boiling anger: "You fool! That act of yours...that's betrayal. You betrayed us." "Stay near me. Don't wander off somewhere", Crowley told me immediately and for the first time I witnessed him holding a serious expression on his face, his gaze fixed sharply on the humans. I just nodded. I went into a fighting position, but before I could make a move, he grabbed my arm. "This time it's my turn to thank you" I grinned cheekily. "It's only fair that I help you at least once." He chuckled lightly. "Very well." And so, we started to fight yet again. But for me it was a very demanding situation, not only was I attacked by some vampires, who weren't allured about the current happenings, but also by humans. Anger and hate was what I could see in the eyes of the men. At least I was happy at the fact that my squad didn't turn completely their backs on me. They were just normally killing off the vampires. I met once with the eyes of my comrades, who gave me a wink and thumbs up. "Thank you, guys. I owe you", I told them happily. I then tried to find Yuu and as I did, I was saddened by the look he gave me. Anger. Hurt. I wanted to yell something to him as I felt a sudden piercing pain coming through my stomach. "Die, you traitor!" A scream of my agony followed.