Chapter 14

"What the hell do you want, you fucking bastard", I spat venomously. I wanted to kill him, right here, right now, but I'm also not foolish enough to attack somebody who is out of my league.

"Now, now there is no need to be that rude, my precious (y/n)"

"Stop avoiding the topic"

In return, he only plastered his well-known smirk and chuckled darkly. "You will see~" and with that he went off to who knows where leaving me behind. Frustrated I went searching for those damn stairs again. 'Such an asshole. What does he plan again?' I inquired myself, not able to steam off my anger. After about what felt like a half an hour, I finally found the living room. As I entered it, I only saw two vampires playing chess. 'Oh no. Not that shorty again' I bit on my lip nervously and felt all of a sudden jittery. "Sorry, but do you know where Crowley is?", I asked while trying to sound polite. "How did you call him. It's Lord for you", the purple-haired one snapped at me. I rolled my eyes in annoyance. She was about to open her loud mouth again as the other one, said: "He is not here. He went with Lord Ferid for a conference." "Oh, I see. Thank you", I stated politely. "I see you are a half-vampire now", the blond one continued while observing me from head to toe with intrigued eyes. "Well, yeah, I guess so", I said sheepishly, not knowing what else to say. A soft laugh escaped her. 'She is friendlier than I thought' A genuine smile crept on my lips. "I don't see what so special about her", the purple one remarked. I rolled my eyes annoyed and tried to keep my growing irritation at bay before answering: "Are you jealous or what" Now that stroke a nerve. "Why you- "she was prepared to attack me as the blond one gripped her. "Please, don't mind her. Now since you are going to reside her, I think we should introduce ourselves."

"Sounds fair" was my short response. "My name is Horn Skuld and I am a seventh progenitor. And this here" she pointed at the purple-haired one "is also a seventh progenitor, Chess Belle." "Nice to meet you then. My name is (y/n) Hyakuya."

#Timeskip#

I was now walking outside while recalling the afternoon. I got quite well with Horn while Chess is a completely different story. "Geez, what's her problem anyway" I sighed tiredly. I was so focused on my thoughts that I didn't notice that there was somebody in front of me until I bumped into the person. "Oh, I'm so sorry", I apologised quickly. "Ehhh, no problem, sweety", said a masculine voice. I looked up and saw a vampire with purple hair smiling cheekily at me. "So, you are a newbie"

"Is that so obvious", I asked abashedly. He laughed. "Well, of course it is my sweety. You don't get to see every day a half-vampire and, additionally, such a pretty one as well."

"W-well, thanks, I guess", I answered shyly. He smirked. After I got a hold of myself, I inquired: "By the way who are you?" "The city guard Lacus Welt at your service." He bowed dramatically with a sarcastic smirk.

"Well, Lacus, just as I thought" I giggled lightly. "How come", he asked me surprised. "It's not my first time being here you know", I stated confidently. Lacus then suddenly became serious: "Can it be then that you are (y/n) Hyakuya?" Now I was the surprised one "How do you know that" He smiled and clapped his hands in triumph. "Well, working for Lord Ferid does pay off, I get to hear some things, you know" "Whaat!! You are with that demonic creature!", I screeched out. He then bursted into a laugh. "You are really a funny one", he exclaimed. "Wait. Do you perhaps know then where Mika is?", I asked hopefully. "Of course, I know dummy. But he is with Ferid mostly." I grimaced at the last sentence. Lacus approached me then bending forward and sniffed. "The heck are you doing?!", I said all embarrassed while pushing him away. "You smell very sweet. Your blood must be then even sweeter. You are really something of rarity", he answered calmly, yet his eyes where glistening with excitement, "you must be careful, though" "Huh? Why? Of whom?" He laughed darkly. "Sweety, we are vampires after all. Walking around so freely can bring great harm." I gulped nervously. "But as I was younger, I heard it was illegal to drink the blood of somebody randomly." The vampire in front of me chuckled revealing his fangs. "As long as nobody sees it" My eyes widen and a cold chill run through my spine. "Don't worry, Sweety. I'm not going to drink your blood. Or else Lord Ferid will chop off my head personally", he stated, his childish demeanour appearing again. I smiled in return. "What a relief then." Suddenly a new voice made its entrance. "The hell you are doing with my sister!" I couldn't believe my eyes. "Mika!", I exclaimed happily. I wanted to run and give him the biggest hug on this world, but something held me back. Is this anger radiating from him? "Aww, isn't this a wonderful scene. Two siblings reuniting after such a long time again", Lacus announced cheerfully and, at the same time, overdramatically. "Shut it", he spat at the city guard.

"Hey, what's your problem, Mika!", I shot frustrated.

"Are you seriously asking me what the problem is?!"

"You are damn right, and I want an explanation."

"Why?"

"Why what...Don't beat around the bush - get to the point Mika!"

"Why did you allow this vampire sucker turn you"

"Because I...because..."

"Don't tell me you have developed some sorts of likes towards this disgusting monster." I gritted my teeth. This made me beyond mad.

"Don't you dare call him like that. You don't have the right to call him like that, after everything he has done for me."

"Like what?! Making you into a damn half-vampire"

"Life as simple as that. He gave me life. If it wasn't for him, I would be long dead already. He is my saviour", I screamed enraged.

Mika was boiling, one could see that. "I cannot believe, Mika", tears streaming down my face now, "after all this time aren't you happy to see me again? Is this really more important to discuss on how I became a fucking vampire"

"You didn't have to choose this fate. Nobody deserves this suffering."

"Well shit happens, and it was my final decision that I made"

Mika huffed. In a jiff, he turned around and walked off. I was beyond shocked. This was not the way I imagined my reunion. My heart ached painfully. "Now this was something" I immediately came to my senses. I already forgot that Lacus was still here. "Indeed", I said sadly and wiped away my tears. "By the way, about who were you talking", he asked me nosily. A blush creeped up my face. I quickly stammered out in a shaky voice: "Not not important. And I I think I'm going to head back. It's getting dark."

Lacus only chuckled. He put his hand on my head and lightly dishevelled my hair. "Till next time then, sweety." His little gesture made you smile sweetly and ease your mind for a moment.