Chapter 9

As I opened my eyes I was sitting at a table with my family. Mika telling stories while everybody was listening with sheer eager. Akane approached me and gave some soup to eat. A happy smile crawled its way on my lips, only for it to vanish as I felt a single tear cascading down my cheek. Gently, I wiped off my tear and stared at it in confusion. My head felt nebulous, I grew confused. "Why are you crying?" The gentle voice of Akane brought me out of my foggy state. "Sis, don't cry. Look we are all here", Ako chimed with joy and pointed with his little finger at everybody. 'No. That's not right, Ako' I slapped the spoon away that Akane kindly wanted to hand me. "What's wrong, (y/n)?", she asked now all confused. "I admit with you I had the best memories", I began now fully aware. My mind not muddled anymore. "What do you mean? Why are you talking like were a dead", Mika butted in by taking my hand into his with a warm smile. I was becoming emotional and pure anger was pumping through my veins. This damn demon. I blinked into Mika's angelic eyes and it made my stomach turn. "Because you are already dead. All of you!!!", I yelled and pushed him away with force making stumble backwards. They then started to blame me for their deaths, and for abandoning them. I clenched my jaw and my face contorted with rage. "Don't you dare mess with me demon. How dare you bring up my family. If you think that I will lose to you then you are wrong, because I still have Yuu to protect and I found new friends, which I will protect as my new family as well no matter what. And you will lend me your damn power to accomplish this. You fucking hear me", I snapped infuriatedly.

Suddenly everything started to fade, and I was left standing in a place of nothingness but bright light. In front of me a demon girl (author's note: the picture of her you can find above ↑). "You are indeed a tough one, human, I can feel that", she stated calmly not feeling bothered at all. "To be honest, I don't see a point on fighting you, (y/n)."

"That means we have a contract?", I asked bewildered. I definitely thought she would fight me at all cost.

"Sounds fair", I stated flatly, "By the way, what's your name?"

"You got a nice name, Amondra. One thing more before I go back" 

"That would be"

"It sounds maybe strange, but I don't want to see you as a pure weapon for my goals. I...I want to see you as an ally, as an friend, if you agree with it."

"It's the first time a demon gets asked to be considered as a friend. I will be glad if that would be the case", she said hesitantly while her facial expression was consisting of surprise and bewilderment.

"Thank you", I smiled happily. I don't know why but I felt it was the right choice I made, and so I will stick to it. Period.

"You are a strange human, (y/n). But you need to be careful of those around you. Especially the higher ups."

"The higher ups?", I inquired mystified. "How so?" in a blink, she was standing infront of me. Her brightly shining golden eyes staring deep at my (e/c) eyes.

"Do you really think they are all some angelic creatures fighting for the good. They pretend to where a mask of a hero but behind it you will only find rotten minds. Just remember it and ask yourself who is here the real enemy?"

I opened my eyes and was greeted with Shinoa's proud smile. "Congratulations (y/n), you obtained your contract successfully."

"Thanks...ehm...Am I the first one?", I asked still trying to comprehend that I am already back. The words from Amondra still echoing in my mind. Something tells me she wasn't lying, but I couldn't believe that humans were some kind of villains at the same time. I glanced over to Guren. Upon noticing me, his eyes narrowed slightly. Whatever is going here, truth or not, I should be more cautious from now on.

"Nope. But the second one. Kimizuki was the first one to make a contract.", Shinoa stated as a matter of fact. My eyes travelled from Guren to Shinoa's mischievous face.

"That means I won the challenge", I stated cheerfully, not wanting to dwell any longer at the latter issue.

"He will be very glad to hear it", says Kimizuki proudly with a triumthant grin, "He deserves it."

We then couldn't contain our laughs. "What's so funny, guys", Yuu approached hastily. "You lost the game, bro", I stated enthusiastically, "Have fun cleaning this week"

"What?! That's not possible", Yuu stated completely defeated, while everybody was laughing. Even Guren held a small smile. Before Yuu could respond something, there was a crack appearing on a demon statue. "Oh no, that's Yoichi", Kimizuki exclaimed anxiously.

After all this commotion, we managed to bring Yoichi back, who was now crying uncontrollably, and who still got a chance to make a contract with his demon at the end of the day. Later that day, we were assigned on a mission for the next day.

"That's about time we can leave these walls! And fight those bloodsuckers!", Yuu cheered joyfully while him and I were walking back to our rooms. I was pretty much myself very eager and looking forward to going for a mission. 'I hope we will meet again', I thought as I was thinking of this mysterious vampire. A small smile appeared on my lips and my heart began to beat faster.