Chapter 26

Spinning my head to the door I saw Crowley and Chess standing there. One could see that Crowley was beyond curious on that matter. "Well- ", I started, still thinking of some solution, but Horn intervened: "She just told me what kind of new techniques she had learned during our absence, and she wants to try them out on the next training session." 'Well, I earn Horn a big time', I thought, calming myself down. "New techniques, ha?", Crowley said amusingly and irked an eyebrow, "you piqued my interest, (y/n)? Tomorrow you will demonstrate them" He then had to go, to get some paperwork done. "Do you really think you have a chance against our Lord?", Chess asked me, challenging. "Of course not, shorty", I stated flatly. She snickered before she headed off. I sighed. "Don't get angered by her. She is just bad-tempered, but inside she doesn't mean it. Believe me", Horn spoke knowingly. I nodded in agreement.

After half an hour or so when we were finished talking, I headed back to my room tiredly. I threw myself on my bed not bothering to change my uniform at all, falling asleep on spot.

The next day I woke up very early again thanks to my nausea. After it stopped, I decided to explore the mansion a bit. About an hour later I was determined to go to the library and spent some time there. I was so deep in my thoughts, which were constantly swirling around my pregnancy, that I didn't even see somebody standing in front of me until I walked against it making me stumble backwards. But, luckily, I got caught by my wrist. "So deep in thoughts again", Crowley stated amusingly, pulling me up on my feet. "Sorry", I proclaimed, sheepishly. "Why are you up so early?", I asked him now curiously. He rubbed the back of his head, confessing abashed: "Well, our dearest queen has given me a load of paperwork to do." I looked at him pitifully. "Let me help then", I offered him confidently. He smiled genuinely: "I would appreciate that." He took me by my hand, guiding me to his office. As we entered it, a working desk was staying there behind it, large windows allowing rays of light to enlighten the room. But what made me shock was the amount of papers laying on the desk itself. "That will take for ages!", I exclaimed. Nevertheless, we started to work on it straight away. He was writing while I was stapling sheets of paper together and sorting them. 

Once in a while we would glance at each other making my cheeks dust up with pink, causing him to smile. Later we took a break allowing us to conversate about different kind of topics, getting to know more about each past while drinking some blood, which was very refreshing. After that we continued to work. We were so highly concentrated that we didn't even hear a knock on the door. "Lord Crowley" That made me jump, and Crowley's gaze shot abruptly to the door in full alarm. Horn and Chess were standing there. "Our deep apologies for interrupting you on your work", Horn began, and Chess continued, "But the queen wishes to see (y/n)." 

"Me?", I stated shocked. "But how does she even know about me?", I asked. "Well, you cause trouble all the time, must have caused somebody to inform the queen", Chess said. Said. That surprised me. For the first time since we have encountered, she didn't snap at me. I smiled at her gently making her eyes go slightly wide, and she turned her head to the side, blushing lightly. 'So cute', I thought. Crowley placed his still holding pen down and sighed. "I could imagine that Ferid could have told her about (y/n) the day we were at the conference", Crowley then said, deeply in thought. 

"He can never leave her alone, can he?", Horn said angered. "He must have done that because I declined him rudely", I snorted out. Crowley chuckled amusingly. "Sooner or later Krul would find out about your existence and whereabouts. Now that she wants to see you, you should get going", Crowley said plainly. I nodded at his order and made my way to the palace.