Chapter 3

Before I could analyse this mysterious vampire furthermore, Mika rushed past me to him. "Lord Ferid" he chipped with a happy smile. 'Wait, what?! How does Mika know him...and why didn't he tell us?', I wondered in sheer shock.

"Ah, young Mika. What's all the fuss about?", Ferid asked casually.

"Nothing really, Lord Ferid. It just that one of my family members is causing trouble again."

"Well, that might be stressful for you. But tell me Mika, would you like to come to my mansion this evening again? You have such a sweet blood."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, I nearly choked on my own spit. 'This got to be a joke. Was Mika really trading with Lord Ferid in secret the whole time?! And I as the oldest family member failed to even notice this.' Guilt overshadowed me. My bitter thoughts got interrupted by Mika's agreement to meet up with him. I was even more speechless.

"Would your other members like to visit my mansion as well?", Ferid asked while looking towards Yuu and especially at me. I gulped, after seeing how he was observing me with a sickening smirk. His sharp eyes piercing through my soul. I broke into a cold sweat. He was definitely dangerous; I could feel it. We should try avoid him at the best. And before Yuu could throw some curse words back to the noble vampire, Mika clutched his mouth shut. "Ehh, no he and my sister are busy this evening.", he explained nervously but held still a smile on his face. Ferid only smirked slyly and stated playfully:" Well that's a shame. But as long you come, young Mika..." "Yeah, I will" With that Mika started to storm off with Yuu while still holding his mouth shut tight and I. Lord Ferid, too, turned around and started to walk off with his guards close behind him. While we three were walking back home, Yuu and Mika were arguing whereas I was lost in my thoughts and slacking behind them. I was thinking of how I could prevent this problematic situation that occurred only minutes ago.

'Stopping Mika was not possible even after knocking some senses into him that would still remain futile, he would still sneak out...then maybe I could go with him, because he isn't the one who has to suffer, and it is actually my duty to care about my family being the eldest. But then again, he would disapprove this and tell me that with my poor condition I should stay home and blah blah blah...But sorry Mika not today. I will come, too, no matter what.' While forming a plan I was grinning mischievously. "Oi (y/n) why are you grinning like some stupid clown!", Yuu called laughing and Mika stiffening his laugh as well. "Shut up Yuu, or you won't get any food today", I shouted back. "Is this everything you can say" I only rolled my eyes and stretched my tongue out. Nearing the house, I smelt food and smiled inwardly. Akane must have already prepared some meal for us. The boys ran off quickly and before I also entered the house, I looked back one more time to the streets, which were already illuminated with an orange shine. 'It's soon going to be dark. I only hope I won't cause any trouble.' And with that I closed the door behind me.