Chapter 24

The four of us were now waltzing along the streets while small kids were running around playing. I could see that some were fearing us, but some seemed to look up to Crowley with respect, which made me astonished. Though I was feeling quite uncomfortable, seeing how many eyes were watching us or rather me. I could hear something along the lines like "She looks pretty" or "Screw her for betraying us". I sighed. Some rumours have must have travelled here as well regarding me. "Ignore them", Crowley mumbled, seeing my uneasiness. I complied and focused on the street upfront. All the way long I could feel how Chess was boring holes into my back. I sighed. 'Jeez, what's her problem again.'

 Finally, we arrived at our destination. Before we enteredthe palast, I saw Mika standing on the other end. "Ehm... just go in already, I will catch up", I stated. "Since when are you ordering us around, especially in the presence of our lord", Chess snapped, anger bubbling up. Now this ticked me off, I opened my mouth to retort, but Crowley put his hand lightly up indicating Chess to silence. "Fine", he said making me smile thankfully. Instantly, I ran off to Mika. "Mikaaa!", I yelled out and waved as soon as he turned around hearing me. Suddenly his expression changed from the happy one into a shocked one. "(y/n) your eyes", he blurted out. "Yes, I'm now a full-fledged vampire", I uttered proudly. "But- ", he began, feeling a bit hesitant.

"You see Mika, even your sister is understanding." Disgusted I saw how Ferid approached us both, a grim look on Mika's face. "Ehh~ (y/n) you look stunning as always." 

"Maybe if those words would come out from somebody else, I would feel flattered." Ferid pouted while putting his arm on his forehead dramatically making me roll my eyes. "My heart feels broken", he exclaimed. "Like you had one to begin with", Mika mumbled pretty annoyed. "Why do you actually keep pestering me, Ferid", I said, feeling slowly pissed off by his presence. Ferid chuckled darkly. On instant, I felt something fast pass me, grabbing me from behind. My mind was now running wild as panic rose increasingly. "Don't you see that I want you to become mine", Ferid murmured in my ear dangerously. "I will never belong to you", I seethed through gritted teeth. "You will see", Ferid said sadistically, sending chills down my spine in an unpleasant way. He then started to lean in, to bite me. 'Shit', I screamed internally while trying to free myself from his strong grip. His fingernails now piercing through my skin, allowing blood to ooze out. "Ferid don't you dare touch her", I heard Mika saying. But before Mika could attack him, Ferid froze on hold. His face darkening. "I see somebody has already left a mark on you", Ferid stated monotonously, loosening the grip on me. 'Now is my chance', I thought while my cheeks were burning, realising on what he was indicating. Taking this opportunity, I elbowed him as hard as I could making him gasp and let go of me. I jumped away and landed next to Mika. I heard then a low sadistic chuckle coming from Ferid. I tensed, eyes narrowing. "You got me there", he said. His voice now calm and serious. He then pulled out his sword. "Let us play a bit", he stated, and dashed off straight away. Mika, too, took his sword out in rush, and swung it against Ferid. The two of them were now fighting. Quickly I pulled out my polearm, wanting to help Mika. "Amondra, lent me your power please", I begged. Immediately, black and white chain of patterns appeared on my body. Before I could interfere though, Mika was caught off guard by Ferid. Him, being a sly bastard, used that opportunity of course hitting Mika, sending him against a house' wall, cracking it slightly. I was boiling with anger as I saw how Mika spilt blood out. "You fucking bastard!!", I screamed at Ferid, "you're going to pay for that." The next second though he was standing in front of my face, my eyes went wide in shock. 'Impossible. Even with my vampiric senses and with my demon mark I couldn't react fast enough. He is too damn fast', I thought as his sword came now dashing at me, not giving me a chance to fight back. I could hear Mika scream Dodge but my body was feeling perplexed. I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact as a sound of clashing swords was heard. I opened my eyes, breathing out in relieve. "Now, now, my friend, we don't really want to cause a ruckus in front of our already beyond pissed queen's palace", Crowley stated calmly. Immediately, Ferid started to smile with amusement as well. "You have a point there my dear friend. What a shame that I have to confront her now in this marvellous state." Both put their swords away. "Good luck then", Crowley chuckled at Ferid's statement. "Have fun you two as well", Ferid exclaimed before disappearing making me blush fifty shades of red, and Crowley smirk. Mika was now standing beside me. "Are you okay?", I asked him concerned. He nodded. "I have to go now on a duty, let's continue our chat another time." I nodded my head in agreement and waved him one more time. 

"Crowley, how did you know that I was in trouble?" "You're 24/7 in trouble, I already got used to it", he spoke freely. I choked on air. "You're so mean", I fake-cried making him chuckle amusingly. "Blood", he then said. 'Oh yes that makes sense' I literally facepalmed for being so dumb sometimes. "I'm going to arrange some training for you, starting from tomorrow", he spoke up again, "in your weak state you're not a match to anybody." "I'm not that weak", I huffed. "Stubborn I see", Crowley commented, his eyes held a twinkle of amusement. All of a sudden, he pushed me backwards, making me fly against a wall, smashing it completely. "Holy shit", I groaned out in pain. "You call that strong", Crowley said ironically as he crouched down to my laying body, "I can literally smear you on the wall like a fly with my bare hand." 

"Training, tomorrow", I declared as I stood up on my wobbly feet, breathing heavily.