Chapter 2

‚It has been four years since we were taken captive by the vampires after the outbreak of the hazardous virus', I thought to myself while looking at the small dirty mirror hanging on the wall in our small little house where my family and I lived. Being 14 years old now, my more-developed feminine appearance started slowly to come out. I sighed in annoyance after seeing my old white uniform was getting slowly too tight.

„(y/n)!!", yelled Mika happily, „Come on, we need to get moving!"

„Yeah, yeah, I am coming any minute ", I replied with a small smile. I threw one last glance in the mirror and ran after the others. It was the time of the day where our blood was taken. Standing in the long queue of children, it was finally my turn. „State your name ", ordered a vampire guard monotonously. „(y/n) Hyakuya "was my short answer. He just nodded and said: "Next one."

Afterwards I went over to Yuu and Mika, who were waiting already.

"It took you a time", remarked Yuu, while Mika had to suppress a laugh.

"Oh, I'm so sorry your Highness that I just couldn't walk through the guards so casually", I answered mockingly. "Whatever...let's just go already and get this stupid process behind us."

I couldn't contain a laugh and so the three of us walked inside the building. I got separated from the boys and was sent to another place. I laid down on a "lounger" and immediately a tall vampire approached me and stuck a needle in my neck. It hurt as hell, and I could feel a boatload of my blood being drawn out of my body. I clenched my teeth in agony. After this never-ending procedure, I got a viscous liquid to drink and with wobbly feet I had to leave the building. I was feeling completely tired and drained, and I thought I would fall down, if it wasn't for Mika and Yuu, who caught me in the last second, by both of my arms. "Now, now, we don't want our elder sister to collapse right here, right Yuu-chan", said Mika in a cheerful voice.

"Yup. But (y/n), I really hate to see you every time in this kind of condition"

"It's fine. Don't bother with it. Besides it happens, because I don't take a short break after standing up. But it's okay guys, thanks."

We sat then on the stairs for some recover while Yuu was having again one of his big speeches about how he hates those bloodsuckers. 'Oh boy', I sighed and squeezed out the last drop of this plain-tasting juice. But not a second later, we saw how two vampires stepped on the hands of two small kids, pain washing over their faces. This made my blood boil in anger. I threw away my empty package of juice and jumped up on my feet. But Yuu was quicker and dashed past me towards those two guards, ready to punch one of the guards. But then again what can a kid do against a vampire. Picturing it, would seem like some little puppy is barking at some tiger. So, of course, his arm got caught easily by the vampire, who remained unfazed. He then pulled him up by his collar harshly and held him over the bridge. Instantly, Mika and I ran to the guards, begging desperately to let him go until a new voice appeared:" What's going on here?" Immediately the guard let Yuu go and I turned around to see another vampire approaching our way. Though he wasn't just some guard or low-ranked vampire, but a noble one. He had long, silver hair tied back into a ponytail with a ribbon which were well matching with his slender figure. He wore a pair of red diamond-shaped earrings dangling from either ear. In addition, he wore his white expensive noble clothes with a cape with a decorative cut over his shoulders and arms and black boots, which reached his upper thigh. Who was he?