2

"billie you're on in 10" august smiles at me, before leaving the dressing room. today is a day where i'd rather just be home in bed, the cafe was so busy today im already all worn out.

i quickly put my shoes on, the dressing room was purple, and big. i have my own one, which i'm very glad for. since most people book private sessions with me.

this job alone pays all my bills, so theoretically i could quit my job at the cafe, but i don't want to. if i could choose this is the job i'd quit. because of my body, old men always try things, and want me in bed with them.

luckily that has never happened, even though this is one of the most expensive and most protected clubs, i still feel very uncomfortable. but i don't let it show, i think that's what people love most about me. my confidence.

even though i don't have much of it, i act like i do. most people love confident people, me included. like there's just something about it. i hate it when i compliment someone and they only answer "no im ugly" i just feel like that's a way of fishing for more compliments. when it probably isn't, i just feel like it is.

i always try to be the person i would be attracted to, in that way i like myself a little bit more. and you know what they say, fake it until you make it.

i shake my head, taking a deep breath. the club was very full. but that only meant more money. my outfit was simple, but sexy. the smallest black skirt you could ever think of, with a black thong underneath. my bra was also black, small silver chains connecting it with my skirt. most people knew me from my black outfits, i mean thats where i got my name.

nyx - female personification of the night

i let out a sigh, let's do this. i open the door to the club, there are already around 50 people sitting and waiting for me. august waits at the bar, sipping on a drink.

me and august has been good friends since i started working here, she makes this place more likable. she has been here one year more than me, and she started at the age of 19.

i started around the same age, august is only one year older than me. seeing as we both have worked here for some years, she has for five, and this will be my fourth year.

with another sigh, i put on a smirk on my face, and walked up to my pole. this job may be disgusting in many ways. but i love pole dancing. i grew up dancing, so anything that has to do with dancing interests me.

i hear some people scream my name as i go on the pole. luckily my hands weren't so sweaty, i grab onto the pole, swinging with the music. pretending im alone always helps, it feels less scary that way.

i swing my way up the pole, wrapping my legs around the cold metal. my hands let go of the pole, my back falling backwards so my legs are the only thing holding me up.

money flies in my direction, the smirk on my face grows. my eyes lands on this tall girl, she wore a face mask so i could only see her blue eyes. there was something about her, she was sitting in the back, yet there was something that stuck out about her.

with a smile, i lick my teeth and grab onto the pole again. one of my legs let go, while the other one was still wrapped around it. i put my other leg up in the air, making my skirt fold up.

everyone now had a good view of my thong, which was a little damp. the friction of the pole against me always made me a little wet. more people cheer, more money falling my way.