"we had sex last night, i win" i say once i see evelyn. the cafe hadn't opened yet, and she was just done making cookies. i'd been waiting to tell her that all day, even though it was only 10am. just to get the look on her face.

"that was fast" she looks up at me, an eyebrow higher than the other. she had this look on her face i couldn't quite explain. she seemed pleased? but why would she be? i only smirk back at her, sitting down on the counter.

"gotta keep what's mine, mine."

"so you are claiming her?" evelyn stands up, moving to the door to switch the closed sign to open. a small laughter comes out of me. "yeah" she only sighs, and i can hear her walking back to me.

"wonder what she says once she finds out it was only because of a bet."

i freeze in my spot, my heart beating faster in my chest. it wasn't just because of the bet, the sex was the most wonderful sex i've ever had. and i like her. i just needed evelyn to fuck off.

fuck the bet. i want her. and i took her.

"it wasn't just because of it, the bet only made me go for it faster." i jump down from the counter, turning around to look at evelyn. what she was even trying i didn't know, only that it was annoying me.

"i still wonder what she'll say about it" evelyn smiled at me, putting both of her hands into her hair. i just wish i could take it all back. this wasn't supposed to happen.

"why do you even want to say it to her?"

"because if she gets mad at you, she'll need someone else to please her."

"what the fuck evelyn?!"