An Adorably Sweet Man - Din Djarin

Din Djarin x Reader

summary: You both clearly had feelings for each other. It's just a little surprising what makes Din act on them.

rating: Mature (non-explicit smut, brothels, talk about sex workers (we are respectful in this house), kissing, feelings, fluff.)

word count: 1.9k+

Mando had taken you in as a crewmember on his ancient, pre-Empire assault ship, to do maintenance and, on occasion, watch over his tiny green alien son when he was bounty hunting

Mando had taken you in as a crewmember on his ancient, pre-Empire assault ship, to do maintenance and, on occasion, watch over his tiny green alien son when he was bounty hunting. The thing was, he didn't actually need you for the maintenance. The man knew how to take care of his giant relic, sturdier than the newer starships, that he'd kept in pretty good condition. It was just happenstance that while he'd been docked in your boss's hangar and you'd been doing the routine diagnostics, you'd found one issue of a couple of lines in the wrong spots that were hindering fuel intake a minuscule amount, and you'd corrected it, but he'd thought it was the greatest catch and offered you the job.

At least that's what he'd made your boss believe. In reality, you had found that minor issue, but his kid was force sensitive, and you were force sensitive, and the little guy would not leave without you. He made you see through the force his time with his father, showing you he was a good man, trying to do his best by Grogu and keep him safe, and when you'd tried to explain that you weren't a Jedi, that you didn't have a lightsaber, and only knew very basic things taught to toddlers because that's how old you'd been when the order fell, Grogu had basically communicated same.

And that was how it all began.

You traveled with Mando, whose face you hadn't seen and who spoke very little, and Grogu, who made sure his face was the first thing you saw in the morning and liked to share things through the force all the time (his top two topics were food, and his dad).

Then things got... complicated.

Because Grogu had been right about his father being a good man, but you'd learned over time that he was truly amazing.

It took some time, breaking down those durasteel walls of his, and he'd slowly opened up to you, showed you little pieces of himself, until the reveal of his name, that made you feel like you knew the galaxy's greatest secret.

Din was a sweetheart.

The kind of man who showed affection through acts of service, doing little things to make your life a little easier and help you out, and also buying you trinkets to make you smile. He did things that showed you meant something to him, that he cared about you, and then one day, he came back from buying supplies, and had somehow found your favorite candy from a planet on the other side of the galaxy, and you'd hugged him.

It was like a dam broke because once he had permission to touch you, his hands were on you whenever he was near—respectfully, of course, never doing anything untoward, even if you wanted him to touch you like that, and thought extensively about what the situation was like under that flight suit of his.