September Part 3 - Joel Miller

Joel Miller x Reader

summary: After twenty years apart, you and Joel Miller have been reunited and are picking up where you left off all those years ago—still just as in love as you were. Getting to the little town Joel's brother calls home means showers, beds, and reacquainting yourselves thoroughly.

rating: Explicit (18+!! No y/n, alternating POV, age gap (10 years), unprotected p in v (wrap it up!), creampie(s), shower sex, oral sex (f & m receiving - Joel gets pussy drunk), vaginal fingering, masturbation (m), multiple orgasms, overstimulation, dirty talk, praise kink (Joel needs to know he's a good boy), body worship (you're kissing Joel's scars), a lot of kissing, teasing, breeding kink mention, Joel being bossy, emotions, love confessions, slight angst, mention of pregnancy loss, dad jokes, Ellie giving Joel so much shit, TLOU tv Spoilers, TLOU game spoilers)

word count: 17.5k+ (over 6k smut)

a/n: The name of this chapter in my brain was The Fuckening™, if that gives you an idea of what you're getting into. There should be one more chapter after this, then the epilogue. 

It may be Spring, but nights in the mountains of Wyoming are chilly

The abandoned farmhouse you'd taken shelter in for the evening is drafty and cold, the scrubs you're wearing not the best attire for the conditions. Joel had put his jacket on you, but when your teeth started chattering, he'd gotten up, broken down old furniture, and started a fire in the home's old living room fireplace, him cuddling with you on the floor in front of it.

He'd checked on Ellie, who was hiding away on the second floor, huddled under dusty blankets and cozy enough that she didn't want to join the two of you downstairs.

He told you to sleep while he kept watch, and so you laid down in front of the fire with your head in his lap, his jacket on you as a blanket, and you fell asleep to him stroking his fingers through your hair.

In twenty years, you've never slept better—no nightmares, no fear, just comfort. After so much time living in the apocalypse, your body had become accustomed to only sleeping a few hours at a time, so when you woke with the night sky still black outside, you told Joel to get some rest, taking over his post.

More wood is added to the fire, your legs stretched out in front of you, a gun beside you on the floor, Joel using your lap as a pillow, on his side, facing you with an arm wrapped around your back.

It's embarrassing how long you stare at him, your fingers slipping through his grey waves and trailing over the shell of his ear, down his jaw, feeling the coarse hair of his beard, touching those spots where it refuses to grow, and smoothing over his eyebrow. God, he's so handsome, Joel softly smiling as he drifts off, knowing when sleep takes him, his breaths evening out and body relaxing, him melting into you.