Chapter Thiry-Seven

Upon our return, and with the mention of Jake's vision, Priscilla was quick to call another meeting. I admired her urgent desire to consult with her people regarding significant matters.

As before, Matthew, John, Luke, Annisa, Netanyah, Keren, Athalia, Jake, Elijah, Aziel, Priscilla, and me were there, my sister being the exception.

When my mother gave Jake the floor, he revealed every detail of his vision. He'd been taken to Kane's throne room. He could see the stone on the floor of a large podium, painted red, mere inches from Kane's throne.

"Then your plan to attack Kane's kingdom aligns with divinity's. We are destined to overthrow it," Athalia said with elation as she faced Priscilla.

"With your permission, we should make for Ethina soon. I know my king will form an alliance with you. My kin will fight at your side." Elijah had risen from his seat, his hands on the wooden table before him while he looked each of us in the eye. For a moment that strong determination I had come to know faded once he looked at me. There was unconditional love that matched what I sensed he felt in those gorgeous eyes. "However, I ask we delay, if only for a few hours. There is something I desire, and I must ask for your blessing on this matter, Queen Priscilla. For there is much to face, and our quest will be perilous, and because of these dangers, I wish to see a precious desire come to fruition."

The others looked among one another in surprise. Jake glanced at me, searching for an answer, but I was just as perplexed as he was. John, who was smiling with excitement, seemed to know exactly what was taking place. His eyes danced with enthusiasm and seemed to never leave mine. The others soon looked toward me. Shrugging, I turned to Elijah, whose eyes were still filled with a fierce endearment. The feeling tugged at my own emotions until I was certain I would melt like snow under the heat of the sun. He had a way of blocking my senses from everything else. I could forget pain, war, and fear with his love, and right then it was all I knew.

"Elijah of Ethina," Priscilla started out, "I have come to know you as a man of great principle. Whatever you desire must matter a great deal to delay our quest."

"Indeed," Matthew added, looking slightly annoyed, "I do not believe we can afford to delay." This caused Keren, Athalia, and Annisa to nod furiously in agreement.

"It is of the most importance, Queen Priscilla, for it involves my one flesh." His eyes still remained on me. I was finding his passion irresistible, and I could feel the urge to kiss him growing stronger. "For I wish to marry her on this day while the sun sets." He glanced at everyone with pride. "My parents married at sunset. It was something my father spoke of often," he added before continuing. "I only ask for your blessing, Queen Priscilla, so that I may leave this land with Addisyn as my bride as well as my one flesh."

My heart fluttered uncontrollably, and every part of my soul wanted to be his bride. I understood his urgency. Just because I was destined to find the light didn't mean it wouldn't cost me my life, or his for that matter. Marrying the man I loved before the risk of losing each other made sense, but the insecurities I hadn't yet conquered reminded me that in doing so, I might be holding him back.

Elijah's eyes narrowed, feeling my diffidence. He touched my face, admiring me like I was a precious jewel. "Please be my wife, Addisyn. And I will spend my life reminding you of your self-worth every day, which is abundant. For there is none other that I love."

Suddenly the mood in the room shifted, and everyone's eyes fell to me. Their smiling faces could not even come close to my own. Elijah reached for my hands, assisting me to my feet, and without even realizing, I began to cry. He was utterly perfect.

"A wedding is a grand idea and one none of us would dispute," Priscilla started out. "And though you have my blessing to marry my daughter, the decision lies with her."