12.

Jimin's POV

"I'd like to speak to the defendant, your honour." Duri's lawyer said steadily into the mic.

My heart leapt out of my chest as I felt the heavy metallic cuffs loosen out of a plastic clear padlocked box that was attached to my desk.

I stood up slowly, my hair was a blonde mess, covering my eyes slightly as I walked towards the door on my booth.

A guard opened it and I was followed by a guard right up to the witness speaking stand.

I sat down and cast a glance at my younger brother whose face was blank and remorseful before the plaintiff's lawyer began speaking into her microphone.

"Park Jimin, where were you when the crime was committed?" The lawyer asked me.

"I was inside my house." I replied into the microphone in front of me.

My heart skipped a beat seeing Duri's head look up, hearing my soft voice echo around the room.

"And you live at 18 Kimland street, correct?" The lawyer asked me while looking down at the papers of my address.

"Correct." I replied.

"Park was inside his house when the accident happened so doesn't this rule him out?" My lawyer questioned while looking at the judge.

"But what if the accident didn't happen outside like we have been investigating. Or what if he is lying." The plaintiffs lawyer said, cutting off the judge's reply.

"Continue." The judge said into his mic making me sigh with the continuing questions.

"Mr Park, where were you when Park Duri spoke to her parents about the accident?" The lawyer asked me.

"Inside my house." I replied.

"And you stood there doing nothing while Duri cried to her parents about what had happened, correct?" The lawyer pushed.

"I was in shock." I replied into the microphone while feeling my eyebrows furrow with frustration.

"Mr Park, that wasn't the question I asked. You stood there doing nothing while Duri cried about what happened to her parents, correct?" She asked.

"Yes." I replied while rolling my eyes.

"What part of the house did this take place in?" The female plaintiff lawyer quizzed.

"My lounge." I replied calmly again.

"And you claim the accident took place in your front yard?" She asked.

"Yes." I replied.

"If this was so, how come the plaintiff was inside your lounge room to tell her parents what happened?" She asked.

I scoffed before answering, "The front door leads into my lounge area. Duri ran in to possibly tell me but then her parents walked in a minute after and she told them instead." I stated.

"How come she told her parents and not you if you didn't do it and if you were alone with her for a minute?" She asked.

"I didn't see her come inside because I was on the treadmill in my house so I presume she didn't tell me because I was busy." I stated.

"But you just told me that she came inside through the front door. How would you know this if you weren't paying attention to her while on the treadmill in your lounge?" She asked.

"The door banged against the wall, I knew she came back inside." I replied.

"How old is Duri?" She asked.