13.

Taehyung's POV

I sat at the desk in my cell, doodling in my notebook alone while waiting for Jimin to arrive back from court.

I can't help but wonder how I will react someday when he doesn't come back.

Do you think he'd visit me in the future if we got closer here?

However I was startled out of my thoughts as I heard a piercing scratching sound.

My head jolted up and to the side where the sound came from.

Jimin sat in front of me, on his bottom bed bunk, grinding a small stone against the concrete cell wall that was pinched between his small stubby fingers.

He didn't even acknowledge me or warn me of his presence.

"You frightened me." I gasped as we made eye contact.

His dreamy deep chocolatey eyes seemed to be clouded with gloom today.

"Sorry." Jimin muttered lightly, throwing the stone weakly onto the floor.

I listened to the metal clanging sound of the cell door closing now that Jimin was back in my cell before I spoke up.

"Are you alright fella?" I asked softly.

I watched his eyes divert away from me before he shook his head a little.

I got up, leaving my notepad and the desk before slipping down to sit on his bed in front of him.

"Did you want to talk about it?" I questioned while rubbing the back of my head.

He shook his head again while keeping his legs hugged into his chest.

"Would it be wrong to cry?" Jimin asked quietly, his voice only just reaching my ears.

I felt daggers stab my heart hearing the pain and suffering of his words.

"No, crying is a natural emotion." I stated, trying to sound comforting.

But how do I comfort someone?

How do I protect someone from suffering?

The last time I tried... I ended up here...

"What about screaming?" Jimin asked me, his eyes not scanning up further than my chin.

"You are allowed, but it will capture the guards attention. So it depends if you want them to come over Jimin-ah." I stated calmly, leaving my face emotionless and blank considering he wasn't looking at me.

He sighed before lying down on his back with his legs still bent up.

His blonde hair fell perfectly over the sturdy pillow that was under his head.

"You can lie down too if you want." Jimin suggested, making me feel less out of place.

"Ah, I would but the bunk beds are really made for one person so I'm afraid I would be breaching a boundary." I stated.

"Since when are you so fucking polite?" Jimin asked while raising his head to look at me.

I blinked at him a couple times before laughing lightly.

"I'm not always a dick to people, Park Jimin. I just am to guards depending on the circumstances. Sometimes it just makes things more interesting to swear right up in peoples faces." I said while rubbing the tip of my nose.

"I never said you were a dick though. I just thought you'd be fine with 'crossing boundaries' I guess." Jimin muttered, doing quote marks with his short fingers before resting his arms back on the bed.