25.

Taehyung's POV.

Did I like being nice during Jimins court and making him sound innocent, fuck no!

Would Jimin have ever talked to me again if I made him sound guilty, also fuck no!

So what choice did I have?

I want to just spend more time with Jimin.

But he is innocent and deserves to be out in the world.

I just wish I could be out there in the world with him.

"Gay faggot, get in the god damn van." I heard a police officer mutter from behind me, pushing his gun into the small groove of my back.

I scrunched up my nose annoyed at his rudeness now that I was out of a daze.

I climbed into the van, knowing it wouldn't be good to protest.

I could have made a run for it though, but that also won't get me Jimin.

Unless I run to his house.

The police officers got into the van but then just sat there.

"Why aren't we moving?" I questioned feeling confused.

"We have to wait for your boyfriend." The police officer answered, only his voice sounded very baby-like when he said the word 'boyfriend'.

I gritted my teeth ignoring the officer.

I sat still, staring out the van window, waiting for my boyfriend's presence.

Not long after I saw a blonde hair male wearing his orange prison clothes coming with other police officers.

The door opened and Jimin raised his eyebrow at me confused before jumping in.

"I don't know why they waited either, they could've taken two vans." I mumbled to Jimin who just shrugged as a police officer closed the van door.

We pulled out of the car parking lot and headed back to prison.

Jimins POV

Taehyung seems stressed.

I'm not sure if it could be due to revisiting court and traumatic memories, or whether it's because I may be set free.

We sat in silence as the van drove us back.

Taehyung's slouching and arms crossed posture did not go unnoticed by me.

We followed one another back into the prison after we arrived, and then one after the other got uncuffed in our cell.

It was too early for dinner, as today's court session was the final one to be heard before my results.

I sat down on my bottom bunk beside Taehyung after the cuffs slipped off me, freeing me from the cold metal that was scraping my wrists.

Taehyung sat silent so I decided I should start talking before it got awkward.

"Did they tell you why you were coming to court?" I questioned Taehyung.

A small smile appeared on his lips before he answered, "Not at first," Taehyung began.

"At first I thought maybe I was being taken home although it would be quite a few years earlier than what my sentence would have been," Taehyung started making me chuckle.

"Then when they pulled into court, I thought maybe my case was finally being appealed," He went on.

I presumed maybe Taehyung's case would have already been appealed, though without a provocation exemption, Taehyung would seem like a wicked murderer to everyone else.

"And then I realised that you would be here so I knew it was something linked to you. I asked and the guard told me that I am a witness to your love life which would prove you wouldn't sexually assault a young girl, and I had to wait silently to see if I would get called into court in the police van." Taehyung explained.

I nodded.

At least he knew what he had to talk about before walking inside.

"Thank you," I mumbled.

"Thank you for not trying to persuade me of my guilt. I was unsure whether you'd make me sound guilty to keep me here with you which sounds amazing, or let me go back to my real life where you are further away." I explained.

"Park, I did want to make you sound guilty so bad," Taehyung said, his voice low and emotionless.

"I want to keep you here as mine," He went on, a bit more emotion now spread through his voice.

"But I'd live with guilt if I kept you here just for my sake." He stammered.

"You will be mine, Taehyung; no matter if I am found guilty or innocent." I responded.

"You will be found innocent, you have to be, because you are." Taehyung replied sternly, giving me a look of certainty.

"Taehyung, I may be innocent, but what if I actually did it and you just think I'm innocent. You have no proof except that I am not straight. And the court has that fact that I am not fully straight, but also because I've dated a women, it does not prove that I am gay. They know it happened outside my house. They have witnesses that heard their daughter say that I touched her. And she was tripped into saying I touched her in court. I may be innocent, but there's a lot of proof against me." I explained to Taehyung.

He shrugged, "Well, we know the truth." Taehyung lowly hummed.

"Tonight could be your last night here." Taehyung said, his lips slightly quivering with his statement and thought.

I pouted while looking back at the male.

"I suppose you're right. This could be my last night here." I responded.

Taehyung bit his lip and unexpectedly I saw tears start to drown his sunny orbs.

I shuffled over on the bed closer to him, wrapping my arms around his back and stomach before pressing my head against his chest.

His arms wrapped tightly back around me as I rubbed his back soothingly, his head falling down against the top of my head.

Sometimes I forget that criminals can be emotional.

Or that murderers can be.

You'd think a murderer should be cold and heartless.

But for some murderers like Taehyung, they just want love to spread across their heart.

Taking it away would be a stab in the heart.

"I'd really miss you." Taehyung sniffled.

"I'd really miss you as well." I responded, looking up at the teary eyed male.

His nose was cherry red while his cheeks were tear stained.

I raised my hand, wiping his eyes while hearing the metallic sound of a buzzer and the cell metal door opening.

"Let's just make the most of tonight, no sad memories but a last bit of fun, happiness, and love. But first we should go fill our belly's." I coed, rubbing his tummy.

Taehyung smiled as he nodded quietly.

The results of my case will stab me in the heart. It doesn't matter if I'm guilty or innocent, I will become less close to the people that matter to me with both outcomes.

Heyo! The last chapter is in sight! How exciting hehehehehe. What do you think will happen? Thoughts? Feelings? Concerns? Will Jimin be found guilty or innocent!?

Anyways feel free to comment, vote and add this book to your library/libraries.

Till next time... Stay warm, healthy, safe and take care my lovelies... Byeeeee :)