It's in the blood and this is tradition

A/N: We start off with things falling apart. Plans need to be changed and Daenerys is not happy with Tyrion. This takes place after the Wight hunt but before the Dragon Pit meeting! I chose this point in time because I needed things to be a mess! Missing moments type of shit. Lots of me trying to describe various sex positions and somehow not fuck up my Facebook ad suggestions!

It won't be canon compliant because frankly, I have no idea where it's going and canon can fuck off, they ruined it not me. This is not a slow burn. If that's your thing look elsewhere because I am impatient as fuck and can't do it.

Tyrion is in a bad place, he has to redeem himself and Daenerys wants him to. It'll just be tense for a while! It's not true bashing, there just wasn't a tag for it. I will definitely fuck things up and twist them to suit my story but after the last 3 years of hell, I genuinely can't be bothered, so it is what it is. Ringing endorsement.

Chapter title and Fic title are both songs by Halsey! From the best album released last year, If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power. It just screams Game of thrones. Rated explicit for language and smut! My Duskwood fic takes 1st priority but this will be updated as often as I can! I honestly have no business writing this but I have nobody around to stop me, I'd ignore them if they tried, so here we are again.

I do not own these characters or anything in the game of thrones world, this is just my own personal wish fulfilment and how I wanted their story to go.

Edited 12/01/24: A new update is on the way. Once I've edited, checked, and edited it some more, a new chapter will be published.

"You can't take it back, it's good as goneWell, flesh amnesiac, this is your song

Well, flesh amnesiac, this is your song

And I hope what's left will last all summer long
And they said that boys were boys
But they were wrong

Take what you want
Take what you can
Take what you please
Don't give a damn

Ask for forgiveness, Never permission"

The Tradition - Halsey
*******

Daenerys

It came in waves, the grief and the torment. Flashes of ice and blue eyes and fire snuffed out forever. Her child, stolen from the sky and her life in the blink of an eye, a jagged blade that cut too deeply every time she remembered. Jon Snow and the look in his eyes as she reached for him from atop her dragon and the suffocating panic when he refused to take her hand, turning to fight instead. How she'd cursed him in every tongue she knew, the silly fool, then he'd followed sweet Viserion into the icy waters and she'd borne the weight of two huge losses for a long, painful day. But then he came back, half dead and frozen stiff, but still he lived and her son didn't. When he'd spilled his heart for her, still half dead and skin bleached white from the cold, she couldn't keep it. She dropped it instead and had been sick of herself ever since.