I can feel something like a fire within

A/N: My aim with this story is to try and replicate the talking and politics of the first few seasons of Game of Thrones. That was sorely lacking from the last seasons and the characters were dumbed down because of it.

Basically, I want to give them their brain cells back so they can stop sharing one between them! Hopefully that makes sense because I have no idea how else to explain it. Also, it's thundering here, I'm terrified of it and I am currently in the midst of an awful flare-up of my Fibromyalgia. I am not having a good time, so I wrote and posted this earlier than planned to take my mind off it. Enjoy and as always, let me know what you think! Song for this chapter is What are we waiting for By Ruelle.

"Flashes of light are glimmering like goldFeel the world igniting deep inside these bonesCan you hear it beckoningSo loud that it's deafening?I can feel it burningGot a fire within

Feel the world igniting deep inside these bones
Can you hear it beckoning
So loud that it's deafening?
I can feel it burning
Got a fire within

Suddenly, I can see
Everything I've waited for
Awakening, inside a dream
So what are we waiting for?
Open the wild inside
And just let go, 'cause

Suddenly, I can see
So what are we waiting for?

If you never look, you'll never discover
This infinite world for you to uncover
I can hear a symphony
Weaving through everything
Calling out to you and me

Suddenly, I can see
Everything I've waited for"

What Are We Waiting For - Ruelle

*******

Daenerys

She'd woken early, the sky outside her window tinted dull grey, the feeble sun trying to break through the bleak fog smothering the island, painting it with a threatening air, chased from sleep by dark dreams she couldn't seem to hold onto in her mind. A nagging feeling they were important somehow but all she could recall was ice and fire, great bursts of flame slicing through a cloud-drenched sky, and a pair of cold grey eyes set in a pale face. They left her feeling edgy and uncertain in the moments after waking, gradually fading away while she bathed, and when Missandei entered her chamber to help her dress for the day she had managed to shake off the residual dregs of it. Her friend wore her usual kind smile and Daenerys was soon comforted by her gentle hands in her hair, creating yet another elaborate pattern of braids that helped her draw back her usual strength.

They chattered in hushed tones about mundane things, Missandei shyly dodging her questions about Greyworm and what they did the night before, she'd yet to find out what those many things she'd mentioned on the beach had entailed. Missandei's hair was its usual lovely dark halo, the springy curls offset with her own braid. Daenerys smiled at the memory of them taking turns to do each other's hair in Meereen, a simpler time though everything had seemed insurmountable then. She supposed everything she'd been through had appeared so, impossible to live through with herself intact and somewhat unscarred, only when looking back could she see that things hadn't been as hopeless as they'd felt. Nevertheless, looking back had never served her well, losing herself in the past would only tempt her to wallow and despair at all she'd had to face and how unfair it all was. It could never be remade so she saw no point in torturing herself with the memories when she could focus her energy on changing things in the present and future. The past had its lessons and she was using them now but she would not surrender to thoughts of what she could have done differently, she felt that this was the reason for Tyrion's failures of late and it frustrated her to no end.