I searched the world to find you, keeper of thy word

A/N: I am sorry for the long delay! Each time I say to myself, "I have the whole next chapter outlined. It'll be done so fast." It's like my brain decides to fuck off on holiday! Anyway, here it is, I hope you enjoy it!

New chapter is being written. No longer on pause.

"Be thou my visionKeeper of thy wordTo trust in thy mercyIs to bend with thy sword

"Be thou my vision
Keeper of thy word
To trust in thy mercy
Is to bend with thy sword

Be my true fortress
Shield from my foe
Keep me in reverence
And rest thy head low

I searched the world to find you
Keeper of thy word"

Winter's Song - Tommee Profitt & Fleurie
********

Daenerys

"Arya, this is pointless. The only thing I'm learning is that I still absolutely despise sword fighting." Daenerys grumbled as Arya demanded they go again.

They were sequestered in the crypts. Hallowed ground for the Starks. She felt like she shouldn't be down there, but Jon and Arya had insisted it was alright. Arya had a glint in her eye, mischief or something like it, as she arched a brow in her direction.

"It's not pointless. It could save your life. I need you to learn enough to defend yourself until one of us can reach you." Arya said, lowering her sword as she came closer.

"I know about the babe. Jon is beside himself with worry for you."

Daenerys sighed, guilt churned in her stomach and thickened in her throat, "I know. The Gods are cruel to give me my dearest wish at the worst possible time. When did he tell you?"

Arya chuckled, "He didn't. I paid attention. You feed most of your meals to Ghost, and Jon is much broodier than usual. You looked positively sickened at the sight of meat and the smell of ale. It didn't take long for me to put it together. I think it's the perfect time. It is a war between the living and death himself. What are we fighting for if it isn't to make the world safer for those yet to be born?"

"I feel you see more than we would like to be aware of..." Daenerys jested, smiling as Arya bowed her head and smirked.

"I hear far more than I see," Arya said, reminding Daenerys eerily of Bran.

"Hmm, and I don't suppose you wish to share anything you may have heard?" Daenerys asked. Her curiosity was piqued, and Arya had been disappearing at odd times since they arrived in Winterfell.