Show me the places where the others gave you scars

"I'm like the water when your ship rolled in that night
Rough on the surface but you cut through like a knife
And if it was an open-shut case
I never would've known from the look on your face
Lost in your current like a priceless wine

The more that you say
The less I know
Wherever you stray
I follow
I'm begging for you to take my hand
Wreck my plans
That's my man

Life was a willow and it bent right to your wind
Head on the pillow
I could feel you sneaking in
As if you were a mythical thing
Like you were a trophy
Or a champion ring
And there was one prize I'd cheat to win

Now this is an open-shut case
I guess I should've known from the look on your face
Every bait and switch was a work of art"

Willow – Taylor Swift

*******

Daenerys

Her dragons were growing. She had noticed they were eating more, requiring increased feedings and hunting for longer, but she hadn't seen it until now. Drogon had always dwarfed his brothers, and it wasn't a massive difference, but enough that she could tell he had increased in size. Rhaegal appeared more mature to her eyes; he'd always been smaller but not as small as Viserion. Her sweetest child had always been behind his brothers, and it stung deeply to know he'd never grow and help her set this world to rights. She was scratching Drogon's snout, her head was a tangle of thoughts as she tried to remember how quickly dragons could grow. She knew they would never stop and decided to put it to the back of her mind, for now, desperate to flee the island for a while.

She climbed eagerly onto Drogon's back, telling Rhaegal to stay behind and smiling in apology at his disappointment. Still, she wished to survey the city that would soon be hers, and having two dragons in the sky just begged for trouble to find her, as it was no one knew where she was going. She showed Drogon where she wanted to go, asking him to stay high above the clouds and her son rumbled in agreement, his thoughts filled with pleasure at her flying with him again. Rhaegal gave a mournful cry but didn't follow as she tightened her hold on her mounts spikes and braced herself as he launched them off the outcropping. A broad smile took over her face despite the freezing misty rain needling her skin.

They broke through the thick webbing of clouds, soon hidden among them, and she lowered herself to keep warm against Drogon's fiery hide, winter was indeed coming, and she was not built for it. They kept their elevation high as they flew closer to King's Landing. Her heart began to pound when Drogon dropped lower, breaking through the blanket of clouds to hover over the rough sea. She sat up and squinted her eyes, making out the Red Keep through the faint mist hanging around the capital. She tried and failed to imagine a million lives suffering in that shit city. She didn't dare go any closer, thankful she'd woken not long after the moon had resigned for the night and could risk coming here while most of the world still slept.