Even if this whole Earth goes dark, all my love is for you

A/N: Cloaked in red, a new arrival brings with it a lot of mixed feelings.
A small glimpse of relief for Jon and Dany before duty calls.
And Jon has been a sneaky man with the help of a few others.

Sorry for the long wait! I hope you enjoy. If you do, please consider hitting the star before leaving!

"Walked down a quiet roadIn the silence, they were hunting us like animalsHeld tight to all that we hadIn the middle of a riot with a victory chantToo hard to tell 'em apartIt's an innocence they're taking from a sensitive heartI call the howl of ...

In the silence, they were hunting us like animals
Held tight to all that we had
In the middle of a riot with a victory chant
Too hard to tell 'em apart
It's an innocence they're taking from a sensitive heart
I call the howl of the moon
And hide the desperation that I felt for you

Hold on, you and I
Even if this whole Earth goes dark
All my love is for you

There's nothing I can say
I want you more every day
There's nothing here we can change
I'm not running away
All my love is for you

I'll never let you go"

Had a Dream - machineheart
********

Daenerys

Daenerys loosed a long, controlled breath and attempted to slacken her muscles. As she eyed the tension-filled faces in the great hall, her rigid posture and swinging gaze gave away her nerves as they waited. A muscle in her jaw twitched; Jon's hand in hers kept flexing and relaxing, his knee bouncing slightly. Ghost was alert, curled up under the table, acting the docile pup. Still, his vivid red eyes were alight and diligently scanning the room each time she stole a glance at him as he reacted to Jon's silent fretting. The brittle air fissured and stretched too thin, and it seemed to sit on her chest with each tight breath, a weighty ball of fear and dread waiting to take over if she allowed it.

Shifting bodies, tapping feet, and furrowed brows, those they'd allowed in the hall felt the strange heaviness and wit dulling anticipation. Arya and Tormund appeared to be the only ones unaffected by it. Arya lounged carelessly in her chair beside Missandei, a feline smirk on her lips as she met Daenerys' eye and inclined her head. Whatever happened, she was glad of Arya's nonchalance, and ability to make everything feel less frightening. Sansa had been tasked with keeping most away from this bizarre situation, and Arya was to inform her of all that happened.

Tormund stood behind Jon, grinning savagely at anyone who dared to throw a scathing look the Wildlings way. Daenerys idly wondered if there would ever be a chance for the dust to settle, a time where all of this was merely a terrible memory. It was near impossible to imagine a life without the threat of war, death, and constant vigilance. Still, she hadn't yet met a challenge she couldn't overcome, or a foe she couldn't break.