When you're ready take off your mask, I need everything for this to last

"I want a love that can take me down
Show me up and cross off all my doubts
I want a fire and a steady man
Come on show me if your love can

Write my name in crimson red
Cross my heart and back again
I want a kingdom where my love can stand
Come on show me if your love can

We're burning that midnight oil

You know we put this love on trial
We're burning that midnight oil

Midnight Oil - Tommee Profitt feat. Fleurie
**********

Daenerys

Some hours before dawn...

She'd woken suddenly, an arm banded around her waist. She felt dazed and confused until she remembered who she'd spent the night with, still aroused from Jon's frenzied attentions. It had been swift and rough, both of them struggling to hold back and savor it. She stretched her legs and smiled at the slight twinge of pain she felt between her legs, sore in a way that only pleased her. Silver moonlight glittered through the windows; dawn was still far away, and she didn't want to waste any more time sleeping. She shifted until she could turn in Jon's vice-like hold and he stroked lazy fingers down her spine once she was comfortable. When she finally faced him, he was already looking at her, it made her smile and wonder how long he'd lay awake brooding. His pretty raven curls hung loose and mussed thanks to her, curls sticking up at random. He looked very young with it unbound, it gentled the hard edges and contrasted beautifully with his pale skin.

The arm around her waist tightened, hand splaying on her back to draw her closer so he could press a kiss to her forehead. She pressed her palm to his hard chest and hummed low in her throat. The gentleness of the kiss made her heart tremble in its cage. She watched, entranced as he licked nervously at his bottom lip. The quiet confidence he'd had earlier had retreated for now, and she wanted to bring it back, could sense he had something he wanted to say but wasn't sure how.

"Speak your mind, Jon." She whispered with a smile. Saying his name without that vile bastard label seemed to loosen some of the tension from his lithe body, and she could feel him unspooling under her palm. He gave her that downturned smile she so adored and searched her face, she wasn't sure what he was looking for, but he seemed to find it without her help.

"I'm just worryin'." He murmured, and she arched a brow, wriggling closer so she was pressed entirely against him, her leg thrown over his.

"Isn't that what you do?" She grinned cheekily, and Jon chuckled lightly. She felt no small amount of pride that she'd made him laugh.

"What are you brooding about tonight?" She prodded. Something dark and oily had slithered low in her stomach in spite of her soft words, already preparing herself for him to leave. If he regretted their time together, she wouldn't know how to face him as nothing more than an ally. They'd well and truly crossed that line, and she could not bare things to be awkward between them, not now she knew what it felt like to have him inside her.

"I don't think I can pretend to distrust you after this. I don't want to, Daenerys."

She could only smile brightly at him, the oily sensation replaced with something far lighter and long-lasting, the way he said her name too sinful by far.