Shaking off those heavy chains, now I will find my own way

A/N: Tyrion, Tyrion, Tyrion. I originally said this wouldn't be a bashing fic for him but I can't seem to find redemption for him yet and the more I let myself think about it, the more I just want to punt him from the tallest tower. More worry over the revelations from Bran and some time spent trying to forget it. Important conversations and more stress. It's more of a transitional chapter before things kick off if that makes sense, waiting and worrying and wanting!

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy it!

"When they try to lay me lowDown into the dirt I go But don't fight itThey were just giving me The very thing I would needTry to tell me what I can and cannot doWho to be and do not beIt'll drive me to the brink Any dead ended roadOne step closer ...

Down into the dirt I go
But don't fight it
They were just giving me
The very thing I would need
Try to tell me what I can and cannot do
Who to be and do not be
It'll drive me to the brink
Any dead ended road
One step closer to home

Turning the ground underneath me to show what I am
Pushing and breaking my way from the hand of the man
Nothing to fear being here, now that I'm overgrown

And I've been hiding for so long
With only darkness everyday
I'm gonna crawl to the morning sun
And let it warm every part of me"

Overgrown - Machineheart
********

Daenerys

She'd spent the night tossing and turning, too edgy to doze off and too tired to get up until the first silvery rays of sunlight had shone through the window. Everything felt real now that her forces were leaving for Kings Landing, and she was already desperate to hear from them, dreading it at the same time. Taking the Iron Throne had always felt like a dream just out of reach. Obstacles always popped up to block her way each time she got too close. Now it dangled before her, so tantalizingly close her fingertips could graze it if she stretched just a little. It would be so easy for it all to come crashing down, and she tried to prepare for it, not wanting to be caught unawares when it was snatched from her again. It didn't help that everywhere she turned, something vicious was waiting for her to slip and give in to her darker impulses.

Wildfire, scorpions, the Iron Fleet, and whatever force Cersei still managed to command all stood in her way. Varys' part of her plan was instrumental and she needed him to follow her orders for the good of the realm she had to believe he would. He didn't inspire confidence, but he appeared to care for the people and had proved useful. Once Jorah reached him, she'd feel more secure. Until then, she would simply have to distract herself and work on tying up all the loose ends on her end. She was walking through the keep, trying and failing to keep her mind busy, when Tyrion appeared at the end of the dank corridor.

"Your Grace, may I have a moment to discuss a rather delicate matter?" He asked quietly, hands behind his back as she approached.