He's got me down on both knees

A/N: A little jaunt in the middle of the night. Last minute preparations, and then we set sail to head North. Boats and fun times.

Part of a piece of dialogue was adapted from the show... Mentioning it because I don't wish to be sued for it.

"Selfish, taking what I wantAnd call it mineI'm helplessClinging to a little bit of spineThey rush meTelling me I'm running out of timeThey shush meWalking me across a fragile line

And call it mine
I'm helpless
Clinging to a little bit of spine
They rush me
Telling me I'm running out of time
They shush me
Walking me across a fragile line

I sold my soul to a three-piece
And he told me I was holy
He's got me down on both knees
But it's the devil that's tryna

Hold me down, hold me down
Sneaking out the back door
Make no sound
Knock me out, knock me out
Saying that I want more, this is what I live for"

Hold Me Down - Halsey
******

Daenerys

They snuck through the keep at the hour of the wolf. Hand in hand, they ran through the halls past her stoic guards, and a wild giggle bubbled up her throat as she imagined the many things they must be thinking of their monarchs. Her hair was unbound, streaming behind her like a silver banner, and she wore nothing but her night dress and silk slippers. Jon was barefooted, crumpled breeches loose around his hips as he pulled her along, and she had absolutely no clue where they were going. He'd woken her a little while earlier, urging her to dress and follow him. At night, the Red Keep was a shadowed painting of deepest red and tarnished gold, long shadows stretching their hands out to grab them as they flew past.

The night air raised the hair on her arms, and she longed to be back in bed where the roaring fire in the grate had kept the bitter chill from them. Jon pulled her to a stop before two familiar grand doors, and she turned to him with a frown. He looked determined and sure. She didn't question him as he carefully pushed the door inward, letting go of her hand to usher her inside the darkened throne room. She turned to him as he closed the door, ignoring the throne casting its monstrous shadow over the length of the room still lit by massive braziers.

"What are we doing here?" She asked, watching as he strode toward her, stepping out of the cloak of darkness to stand before her.

He smiled at her, a real curl of his lips that flashed his white teeth, the rarest of all his smiles, and she was momentarily struck mute.

"I know you don't want this throne. But, I think it would be wrong to leave without claiming it." He said in a whisper.

"What if doing so tempts the Gods to take everything away?" She said, matching his quietness.