I can see the way painted beneath the moon

A/N: A day in the life of a Queen and her King.

It's another episode of, "how many things can she break and twist before we call her out on it" lol I research so much with every chapter but I'm never confident in my abilities to articulate things!

"Vanish into the night with me
We're racing heartbeats
Feel the power arrest me
Like shadows on concrete

Gotta get away
Gotta escape
From the daylight
I can see the way painted beneath the moon
Hold on for dear life
Until it's all gone, we'll come alive
and set fear on fire

Awake in the dark with me
We're taking over
Feel the rush, feel this
Release like animals unleashed

Hold on for dear life
Until it's all gone
We'll come alive
and set fear on fire"

Fear on Fire - Ruelle
******

Daenerys

"He has a penchant for dramatics," Daenerys muttered as she and Jon crept through the bowels of the Red Keep to meet with Varys.

Jon agreed, "I suppose he's made his name slinkin' around in the shadows, and it's gotten him this far. Why change now?"

Their footsteps were quick and light, but they sounded far too loud. The echo bounced off the walls and returned to their ears as they inched deeper into the basement. All around them were the monstrous shadows of long-dead dragons. The largest stood in the center. Its fearsome mouth baring its deadly teeth. Balerion, The Black Dread, she realized and shook her head in awe. Jon looked just as impressed, if a little edgy. She tried to imagine Drogon growing to such a size, her people often referred to him as Balerion reborn, and at the rate he grew, he just might be. Even Rhaegal seemed to be having a growth spurt as time wore on and winter drew ever closer.

Jon carried a torch, the light banishing trembling shadows as he swung it around. Daenerys noticed the scorpion bolt piercing Balerion's skull and clenched her fist as she thought of Cersei testing her foul weapon before using it on the field of battle to hurt her son. The air was thick and musty, an opaque layer of dust coated much of the space, and she could smell the dampness permeating the castle's steadfast walls. The skittering of tiny claws on stone caused her head to whip round to find the source, catching a tiny brown blur bolting away from them. She moved closer to the massive Dragon skull and reached out to touch it, feeling the dry, jagged bone under her fingertips. Parts were smooth, but a long life of battle and time had rendered some rough and fragile. She turned to Jon.