꒰ eighteen ꒱

"And remember to always smile at her, don't give her that blank stare you give us whenever you feel tired or bored."

"I know."

"And make sure to ask her about herself, get to know her. Don't just talk about yourself the whole time."

"I know."

"And don't forget to also-"

"Mom, I know," Donghyuck groaned, swatting his mother's hand away as she reached out to try and adjust his hair for the millionth time, "I've got it, I know what I'm doing, stop fussing."

"Okay honey, I trust you," she giggled sheepishly, placing a loving hand on her son's shoulder as she grinned at him through the mirror, "I'm so proud of my little boy. You're really growing up to be the perfect man."

Donghyuck gritted his teeth, fighting back the urge to rip off his entire fancy outfit and go cry in his favorite dress. He knew he couldn't do that, though, not with his mother staring at him like he had hung the stars in the sky, and he took a deep breath as he gave himself one last look in the mirror. Just do it today and get it over with, make sure the girl knows I'm not interested, and make up a bullshit excuse to why it didn't work out. Easy peasy, I got this.

"You ready?" He heard his father's voice calling from near the front door, and he cleared his throat before turning and grabbing his phone, shoving it into his pocket.

"Yup, coming!" He called back, giving his mother one last weary glance before hurrying out the door and out to the car.

┈ ୨ 🎀 ୧ ┈

"Isn't it a little embarrassing to be dropped off by your dad on a date at twenty years old?" Donghyuck sighed, looking out the window as they pulled up to the restaurant.

"She's being dropped off by her father too, him and I wanted to meet up and chat while you two are on the date," his dad responded simply, parking the car and opening his door to get out, "plus, with your recent attitude about the date, I wanted to make sure you wouldn't just drive off somewhere on your own and leave the poor girl all alone."

Donghyuck sighed, stuffing his hands into his pockets and muttering angrily under his breath, "huh, it's almost as if I was trying to drop hints that I didn't want to do this in the first place."

"Watch it," his father snapped back, and Donghyuck merely rolled his eyes. Usually he tried to be as well behaved as possible around his parents, but he was in a bad mood today, and he couldn't bring himself to truly care if he was a bit of an asshole to his dad just this once.

"You know, I think once you get over yourself and actually get to know her, you'll end up really liking her. You better thank me at your wedding once you two get married," Mr. Lee hummed as he waltzed into the restaurant, and Donghyuck couldn't help but smile bitterly to himself.

That will never happen, because I'd never marry a girl, but whatever helps you sleep at night, he thought to himself, allowing himself to imagine how cathartic it would feel to actually say those words out loud before he bit his tongue and followed his father towards the table where the mystery girl was already waiting. He spotted her sitting down with her father standing next to her, her black hair pulled up into an elegant ponytail that showed off her sparkling silver earrings and her perfect jawline. She spotted Donghyuck as well and gave him a shaky smile, standing up to greet him and allowing him to get a good look at her flowy dark red dress that hugged her perfect figure. He allowed his eyes to rake over her thoughtfully before he reached out to shake her hand, giving her a forced polite smile in return. She was gorgeous, he had to admit, and maybe if he was attracted to girls he would have fallen for her at first sight, but the only thing he could think of in his gay mind was that he wanted to ask her where she got her dress and jewelry so he could get some for himself.

"I'm Kim Seohyun, it's nice to meet you," she said sweetly, her eyes raking over Donghyuck's figure in a much more intimate way than he had looked at her moments prior. He cleared his throat nervously and tried his best to keep his facial expressions under control, still very aware of his father's eyes on him.

"Lee Donghyuck, nice to meet you too."

"Well, now that the kids are introduced, we should get out of their way and let them have some alone time, don't you think?" Seohyun's father grinned, and Donghyuck's father chuckled before nodding in agreement.

"Of course. Donghyuck, here are the keys to my car, make sure you get Seohyun home safely," he placed the car keys into his son's waiting hand before he leaned down and whispered, "if you leave her here by herself without taking her home, you will be in huge trouble."

Donghyuck winced, merely nodding before stuffing the keys into his jacket pocket and watching as the dads left the restaurant. He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding once his father was gone, turning back towards Seohyun and startling a little when he saw her staring at him intently.

"Um..." he trailed off awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck as he tried to figure out how to start up platonic conversation, "so, how old are you?"

"Nineteen. I'll be twenty in a couple of weeks." She responded casually, tilting her head and giving him a smile that was way too flirty for his liking, "how old are you?"

"Twenty. Are you a freshman in college too then?" He asked as casually as he could, escaping her heavy gaze by looking down at the menu and pretending to observe it carefully.

"Yes, I don't think we go to the same college though. I think I would have noticed someone as hot as you in the hallway."

He coughed in surprise, glancing up at her and bouncing his leg nervously as he tried to come up with a response.

"Oh, um... thanks," he muttered awkwardly, wincing in embarrassment at his own reply. Being on a date with a flirty girl as a gay man was like being a high school dropout in a scientist's lab, he had no idea what the fuck he was doing and he felt like everything could go horribly wrong at any moment.

"Well, what do you think about me?" She asked, smiling expectantly as she awaited his response. He allowed his eyes to scan her once more before he shrugged, meeting her eyes briefly.

"You're very pretty," he responded simply, because it was the truth. He could recognize beauty when he saw it, but that didn't mean he was attracted to it at all, so admitting that she was pretty felt very innocent to him. She didn't seem to take it as innocently, however, judging by the way she smiled smugly and leant forward suggestively.

"Yeah? How would you like to see how pretty I look without this dress on?"

His eyes widened in shock as he reeled, trying to process the sudden boldness of her words. "E-excuse me??"

She reached over and gently raked her long nails down his arm, making goosebumps erupt on his skin as his whole body stiffened in discomfort. She was oblivious to this, however, merely giving him a suggestive smirk as she said.

"I want to spend the night with you, Donghyuck, if you would allow me."