꒰ twenty nine ꒱

As it turned out, his mother simply did not care that Donghyuck came home so late that Thursday.

He walked through his front door at about 9pm, fully expecting to see his mother waiting for him on the couch, ready to unleash her rage on him for returning so late without any prior notice.

But when he walked in... nothing. The house was dead silent, and the lights were all turned off, which indicated that his parents had gone to bed already. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and fumbled for the kitchen light switch, and after flicking it on, that's when he saw it. There was a small note sitting on the counter, and he picked it up slowly, bringing it closer to his face so he could read it.

Donghyuck,

Since you've decided you don't want me to care about you anymore, I won't ask you anything about why you came back so late. You can do whatever you want, you're an adult after all, right?

If you're hungry, make something for yourself, since you don't want my help anymore.

- Mom

It felt like he had just been punched in the stomach. He didn't know what he was expecting when he stood up to his mother the other day, he had never done something like that before so there was no way for him to predict how it would go, but he didn't expect... this. He didn't expect his mother to be petty and outright mean to him about it. Did she not listen to anything he had said that day? Or did she simply just not want to hear him? Did she even care about his feelings at all?

He tried his best to ignore the lump in his throat as he crumpled the paper and shoved it into the trash.

"Asshole," he hissed into the silence of the kitchen, before he opened the fridge and started to make himself a meal like the independent adult son his mother clearly wanted him to be.

┈ ୨ 🎀 ୧ ┈

The weekend came and went without much happening. His mother was giving him the silent treatment, his dad just kept shooting him disappointed looks before he left for work each morning, and Haram was still with her stupid boyfriend. He ultimately decided not to text or call her to let her know what was going on, because he wanted her to enjoy her trip before she came back into the cold war zone that was now his house, but he couldn't help but feel lonely without her there. Especially when his parents were refusing to look him in the eye and acknowledge his existence, most of the time he felt like he was invisible. By the time Sunday rolled around, he was very seriously considering Chenle's offer to stay at his house, because at least there he'd have someone to talk to and interact with him. But still, he held off on it, and he ultimately decided that if his parents didn't get their shit together by Wednesday, he'd call Chenle and get the hell out of there.

So he walked into school on Monday feeling more tired and more depressed than usual, which maybe was part of the reason why he didn't notice at first. His walk through the hallways was mostly silent, which was a bit unusual, but he was so out of it that he didn't really register it. However, after he reached the middle of the largest main hallway, he suddenly stopped dead in his tracks.

Something isn't right.

He looked around, and noticed all of his classmates were staring at him. Some of them were whispering to each other, others were glancing at their phones and snickering to themselves. A few were giving him sympathetic looks, but ultimately said nothing to him as they hung their heads and walked right past him.

What is going on?

He then spotted his "friend group" from soccer, all of them wearing mischievous smiles as they approached him. Dread suddenly sunk heavy in his stomach, because he recognized that look they were wearing.

That was the look they wore when they approached their target.

"Well, look who decided to finally show up," One of the boys in the front grinned, looking down at Donghyuck with a sadistic glint in his eye. The blonde boy immediately attempted to back away, but the other boys were quick in surrounding him, basically trapping him where he was standing.

"Uh... hi?" Donghyuck squeaked in response, feeling terrified and confused. Why were they acting like this all of the sudden? What did they know?

"Did you see the post on the student portal this morning? It was quite a fascinating read," the boy in the front continued, and all of the boys around him snickered in response. Donghyuck shook his head no, pulling his phone out of his pocket with shaky fingers and quickly logging onto the college's website, navigating to the section where students posted about each other.

And what he saw made his heart drop.

"Lee Donghyuck; is Hanguk's University's resident soccer star and heartthrob really who he says he is?"

And attached to the post were a variety of images; pictures of his posts on the cross dressing forum where he met Renjun and Chenle, which included pictures he had taken in the mirror of himself in his favorite outfits. The picture of the dress he accidentally sent to Jeno that one time. His fucking search history where it listed every time he ever bought an outfit or visited a website related to cross dressing. And if that wasn't bad enough, underneath all of these images, there was a written paragraph.

I've known Donghyuck for a very long time, and he now considers me one of his closest friends. We've known each other since high school, and back then he exposed a lot of my deepest secrets, so I developed a plan to get close to him and try to find out something I could use against him. Now that I've found it, I'm taking revenge and revealing his deepest, darkest secret. Lee Donghyuck is not straight, he's a gay man who enjoys dressing up in skirts and dresses for sexual pleasure. All the images above are proof of that. This whole time, he has been pretending to be something he's not in order to avoid being targeted for bullying, but his actions have hurt many others in the past, so now it's his turn to be exposed.

After reading everything, Donghyuck tasted bile rising in the back of his throat, his hands shaking so violently that he barely had time to shove his phone back into his pocket before it surely would have dropped to the ground.

Jeno. It had to have been Jeno.