꒰ thirty one ꒱

When Donghyuck showed up on Chenle's doorstep looking like a total mess, he was surprised that his parents looked just as worried as his friend did. They had quickly ushered him over to their very nice and expensive looking couch, and Mrs. Zhong wrapped him in a soft blanket while Chenle curled up next to him and pulled him into a tight hug. Mr. Zhong rushed to prepare a mug of lemon tea, and he carefully placed it in the blonde boy's hands with a sympathetic smile.

"Are you comfortable with telling us what happened? I know you already told Chenle when you called him, and it's fine if you don't want to tell us, but we just want you to know we're here if you want to talk about it," Chenle's mother said softly, and the brunette's arms tightened a little around the blonde boy.

"Your parents are okay with all of our... stuff, right?" Donghyuck asked him softly, and Chenle nodded quickly. So, he took a deep breath, and spilled everything to the kind couple sitting in front of him.

When he finished, they both looked stunned, and Mrs. Zhong in particular looked absolutely heartbroken.

"Oh, dear. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. God, I can't even imagine treating my own child like that after they've clearly already had a terrible day," she cooed, sliding onto the couch on his other side and joining in on Chenle's embrace, "you know what? From now on, just call me mom and think of me as your own mother, okay? You can stay here as long as you need to."

"Thank you," he mumbled softly, blinking back tears for what seemed like the ten billionth time that day. He inhaled shakily and let himself enjoy the hug, ironically feeling more safe than he had felt since he was a small child.

"Of course, please make yourself comfortable here, uh..." Chenle's father paused, suddenly furrowing his eyebrows, "I'm sorry, what did you say was your name again?"

The blonde boy smiled weakly, making direct eye contact with Chenle as he said, "Donghyuck. My name is Lee Donghyuck."

┈ ୨ 🎀 ୧ ┈

Renjun arrived at the house soon after, because Donghyuck had texted him to fill him in on everything and Chenle had promptly deemed this as a "friendship emergency" and demanded a mandatory sleepover. Renjun wasted no time in wrapping Donghyuck in the biggest bear hug ever, which the blonde boy was very thankful for, and the three of them ended up cuddling on the couch for a few hours as they talked through everything that had happened.

"Do you really think it was Jeno that made the post?" Renjun whispered, and Donghyuck physically stiffened at the mention of his name, "I mean, it just doesn't sound like something he would do at all."

"Yeah. I can't think of anyone else it could possibly be, Jeno was the only person at my school who knew."

"But why is he only making this post now?" Chenle hummed thoughtfully, his hand gently playing with a strand of Donghyuck's hair, "Didn't he know for, like, a few months? If he wanted revenge that badly, then why didn't he post it as soon as he had all the information he needed?"

"How the hell should I know?" Donghyuck groaned, burying his face into Renjun's shoulder, "I deserved it, anyways. I basically did the same thing to him back in high school."

"You told us that in high school you told people things that were embarrassing, like that he peed the bed at a group sleepover or that he had weird embarrassing habits or something along those lines. Which is still mean, don't get me wrong, but whoever made that post fucking outed you while knowing full well that you had a homophobic friend group that wouldn't hesitate to try and assault you for being gay. I personally would say that is way, way worse, and you absolutely did not deserve it."