꒰ forty two ꒱

Donghyuck didn't know who he was expecting to be calling him at 7am in the morning on a Saturday, when he was not even close to waking up yet, but he definitely had not expected it to be his older sister.

He groggily rolled over on Jeno's bed, gently shaking his boyfriend's arms off of him so he could lean over and grab his phone off of the bedside table, pressing the accept button on the call and croaking out, "Hello?"

"Donghyuck! You fucking brat, why didn't you tell me anything?"

Donghyuck flinched at the loudness of his sister's voice, still trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes as his brain tried to catch up to what she was talking about. Beside him, Jeno also stirred awake, looking up at the blonde boy in sleepy confusion.

"Haram, I have no idea what you're talking about. I, like, just woke up," he yawned, looking back at his boyfriend and reaching down to intertwine their hands together as he mouthed the words 'it's my sister'. Jeno hummed in acknowledgment, pressing a few lazy kisses against his fingers.

"I'm talking about you getting fucking kicked out by our parents for being gay, and you not even calling to tell me!" She said, and Donghyuck immediately stiffened. Shit, he had kind of forgotten about that.

"Oh... I, uh... I didn't want to disturb your trip?" He said meekly, his shoulders hunching in on themselves as he expected his sister to unleash more of her motherly anger onto him.

"You idiot... do you know how terrified I was when I got back and saw that you not only weren't home, but you had been gone for half of the month and mom and dad didn't have a clue as to where you were?" She scolded, and Donghyuck shrunk into himself more in guilt, "I would've appreciated it if you had at least called me to tell me what happened and that you have a safe place to stay!"

"I know... I'm sorry. I really do have a safe place to stay, you don't have to worry about me," he murmured. Jeno was still holding his hand, observing the interaction silently as he rubbed his thumb in gentle circles across his skin.

"Where are you? Mom said all she knows is you're staying with your friend's parents, I want to come over and meet them and make sure you're okay."

Donghyuck froze, looking down at Jeno and feeling mildly panicked. He took in both of their appearances; both of them in only their underwear, lying together under Jeno's covers, still covered in faded marks from when they had last slept together... Haram was pretty accepting and open minded, but with everything that had happened, he had no idea how his sister would react if she knew he had actually switched to living with his boyfriend like this.

"Uh... I'm technically not staying there anymore..." he said slowly, and he could practically imagine the way his sister's eyes were most likely narrowing in suspicion.

"What do you mean 'technically'? Where are you right now?"

"Technically' as in I'm in the process of moving into someone else's house... my boyfriend's house, to be specific," he mumbled, bracing himself for whatever reaction his sister might have.

The line was silent for a few excruciatingly long moments, and Donghyuck gnawed at his bottom lip nervously as he squeezed Jeno's hand.

"Your... boyfriend?" She said finally, and Donghyuck was prepared to launch into an explanation before he was cut off by her voice once again.

"You finally got a boyfriend? Hyuck, I'm so happy for you!" She cooed, and Donghyuck instantly felt every muscle in his body sag in relief, "I was always so excited for the day when I could finally meet one of your boyfriends, and hopefully intimidate him and make sure he knows I'll gut him like a fish if he ever breaks your heart."