7

I just realized this was one long ass chapter.

SOFIA MARCELLO

''G-good morning, Enzo'', I greeted him, almost inaudible, while climbing down the stairs and standing in the kitchen, looking at him trying to flip the pancakes. I rubbed my swollen eyes to get a clearer view.

''Good morning, did you sleep well?'' he asks while glancing over at me.

''Yes, I- uh sure did, mhmm.'' Last night was terrible and I did not remember much by the time Enzo had arrived. This was nothing new and I believed that I had developed a way to deal with stressful events.

I walked over to stand about a meter away from him looking at the slightly burning pancake batter that he had just poured into the pan. ''Um, can I help?'' he nods before looking back at the burning pancake in realization. He had gotten distracted. Why am I like this? Is that why I was taken away? Because I didn't deserve my parents, and Ad and Coco? Maybe I was a burden.

''Sof, hey you alright?''

''Huh? Uh yes.'' I nodded before taking the pan handle and flipping the pancake smoothly, almost like a professional, almost like mum. His eyes widen slightly before he claps twice for the little trick I pulled. He smiled before moving to the refrigerator to grab milk, cereal and blueberry muffins. Oh my god! I love them so much. I had almost forgotten what they tasted like.

Enzo cleared his throat, snapping my gaze back to him. I got embarrassed since I was staring at all the food on the table but he just smiles before putting his hand out for me. ''May I?'' I reply by giving my hand in his blushing so hard, afraid I'd turn into a tomato but reluctantly. It's not easy to grow close to a man you've just met yesterday, claiming to have good intentions. He leads me to the chair, making me sit before he moves to sit opposite me.

The light coming from the ceiling-high glass windows made his blue eyes look so much prettier, I was afraid I'd become hypnotized and drown in them. How could someone so dangerous be so beautiful? The tattoos that lingered up his right arm had been embedded deep into my mind.

Last night, I had dreams of gladiolas. Not colorful ones, instead black, running up my hands and into my hair. The same ones that were tattooed on his hands. That was one of the best and peaceful dreams I had had in a long time.

I didn't realize I had been staring into his eyes for a bit too long. He smirked while seeing me shift my gaze away and to the pancakes. Why does he always smirk like an idiot? Well actually a handsome idiot? Shut up Sof!

"Um, would you like some? I mean of course you would, you made them" I divert the silent eye-to-eye conversation into a new direction while forwarding the plate of pancakes.

"Sofia, you do not owe me anything. Don't feel embarrassed to eat. Sure. Could you probably give me one of those peanut butter covered pancakes?" he replies wetting his lips with the slight stroke of his tongue. I placed one on his plate before diving into mine.

"Ummm", I moaned out. It tasted like heaven after so many years of living under Alex's 'so-called care'. He would treat me to a meal once in a while only if I managed to keep him happy in bed. I shook my head out of those thoughts looking up again.

Enzo looked back at me with a clenched jaw, before proceeding to eat despite the awkward and silent moment we had.

I can't help but make such sounds when I'm eating mouth-watering food after such a long time. To divert his attention more, I decided to ask some questions. "Um, did you know my parents?"

Something flashed in his eyes for a split second, before he maintained his composure again. "Yeah, I did. Do you possibly remember them, or any of your friends?"