26

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow 💋

And look who's up there🙄

ADRIANO ENZO CALVETI 

It's another day with Sofia and I can't describe the calm she brings to me when I get back to the penthouse. She stays up most of the time with my dinner on the counter. Sometimes I find her looking so fucking cute in her sleepy hair and bunny slippers.

And when I finally hit the bed, she cuddles with me and I hate to admit it to her but I love the small kisses she leaves on my chest when she thinks I'm dead asleep. Pretty babe doesn't know that I'm wide awake until she dozes off on my chest. 

There hasn't been any mishap till now but I can feel it in my bones. There is always a calm before the storm strikes. It has made me more cautious and restless. I suspect each and every man in existence apart from the few people I trust. Even a beggar on the street can be disguised to spy on us or a maid in the house can poison me at any time of the day. And to add on top of everything, we have fucking dinner with Alan. 

There hasn't been any new discovery on Alex. We didn't find his body, obviously; cliche, yet reality. I'll rip him apart with my bare hands if he manages to somehow be alive. Breathing the same air as me. And as always my gut feeling seems to be right. What I have in front of me today was his right hand. JamesAlex's second-in-command.

He escaped from the auction three months ago and landed his car in a ditch. The same car Ares reported back to me. From the looks of it, he must have jumped out before it landed in the ditch. If not, his limbs wouldn't be attached to his body. By now, any man with a conscience would have been on the run for a new identity and off to some country in the pacific. 

When an empire falls, everyone goes down with it. And as for Alex, neither did he have an heir, a wife nor an ally so competitive to revive it. And most importantly to reappear before the Italians and Russians who were an ally for over twenty five years just to get yourself hunted down for power and hunger. 

The only reason James isn't in hiding, would be the fact that Alex is alive. And to see him after so long is more than a coincidence. He was caught getting cash from one off his offshore accounts. Fortunately, I had been keeping an eye on all the transactions they were making over the past few months. 

In fact, Ares had also made a trip to his office in America. Getting all the records of his accounts and business allies. Both legal and illegal. Freeing thousands of women, children and even men who were brought into this world forcefully. 

If only this was enough for father to agree to hand over the empire publicly. Everyone seems to underestimate my father's rule though the mafia. Only a few people know that the person behind all of these victories is me. Adriano Calveti. This was nothing but a power card amongst our rivals. All this has been going on since I was 18 and now 8 years from the past, a lot has changed. For the better. 

''You know the protocols, speak up or you know what happens,'' he stays unaffected and keeps his mouth shut. But when my fist lands in his face, he cries out spitting out a tooth. This was nothing compared to the shit I had planned out for him. I just don't want to get my hands dirty when I get back to my mishka. No one wants to see their man in a bloodied shirt, do they?

I unbutton the sleeves on my wrist and fold them up before crouching before him. He refuses to open his mouth so I signal for the men to remove the nails from his fingers. Only halfway. So when he hurts, it hurts two times more before they pluck everything off. His cries echo in the basement. Such a pussy. Yet doesn't hesitate to ruin the lives of innocent people. I'm no saint either but I'd cut off my hands before they mess with an innocent's life. 

After they were finally done, he still refuses to open his filthy mouth. I calmly walk to the faucet and fill a bowl with water and my men chuckle when they see it. It was anything but ordinary. I put it back on its place. Ronan picks him up and straps James to the belts on the floor. 

He secures the ends of it to the four posts surrounding him. I can see the darkness in his eyes. It was his favorite part of making men spill the truth. James looks confused, his face morphing into curiosity as to why we were hell bent on acting as if everything was calm. 

His blinks and his eyes snap to the bowl hovering above his head, a drop of water on his forehead. ''What the fuck have you done to me?'' He struggles to get free from the belts when another drop lands on the exact spot. Growls and huffs leave his mouth in frustration. It was a water torture machine used by the Chinese. I'm glad I learnt something from my business partner, Chang. 

That simple drop of water tipping on his forehead every 30 seconds looks so harmless. So harmless, instead something deadly. Being tied up makes it worse. You can't move, you can't distract yourself, you're immobile. Just when you think of something, it interrupts your thoughts. The toughest of men have broken down under the pressure it places you in. Just like my Sofia. So harmless and cute. Yet, the only thing that can bring me to my knees. 

The mental exhaustion will soon wear him off. His limbs will become numb and then the only thing he will be able to do, is speak. Speak out the fucking truth. ''Well, since you like tying up girls to make yourself ejaculate from your fucking pathetic dick, I thought why don't I give it a try with you. Maybe you'll enjoy it but I can't bring myself to come. It makes me want to hurl.'' 

''You motherfuc-'' a drop lands on his forehead cutting him off as everyone present chuckles. 

''If only you had opened your mouth earlier. Now your brain will also fall apart. Your first experience? Enjoy!'' He yells whatever profanities he has and it fails to affect me until he says something making me want to fucking kill him and rip him apart. 

''Yeah, I'll enjoy it. Being tied up. Because when I'm done, it'll be your girl under me. All tied up as I fuck her. With her tits and pus-'' I pounce on him, my breath heavy, chest heaving as my fist lands into his face repeatedly. Blood enters my eyes yet it doesn't stop me. Arms trying to pull me back. His face now unrecognisable before me. His nose broken, lip cut and his face demolished. Ronan manages to pull me out of the trance and pulls me out of the room.  

''What the fuck has gotten into you, Adriano? You almost killed him in there!'' His yells make more furious. He has the nerve to listen to James making such crude comments regarding Sofia and do nothing but stop me from beating the shit out of him. 

''So what the fuck was I supposed to do? Listen to him degrading Sof like a piece of shit? You don't even fucking care!'' I yell back. This was the second time we were arguing over her. Except that the first time, it was my fault. This time it's his. 

''You think I don't care? I do but you have to be rational! We can do whatever the fuck we want to with him in a few hours. After he fucking melts from the exhaustion. I know I sound like one of them too. But, do you realize that if that fucking Alex is out there and we fail to catch him, Sofia could be in a worse scenario?'' his words make sense but the only things that can calm me down right now was either alcohol or my mishka.

I pinch my the bridge of my nose as Ronan understands my way of calming down and decides to leave. ''Go home and calm down before coming back here. I'll take care of James.'' The coolness of the seat travels up my body as I sit on it, my legs splayed apart as I unbutton the top part of my shirt. Another waste of fabric, I guess. 

''Okay brother... I guess thanks.'' I open my eyes hearing him chuckle. I don't know what the fuck he found funny and why but I was too exhausted to even ask why. 

''Aww, look who's saying thanks, I think I heard you wrong. Care to repeat that?'' Realizing that he was clearly insinuating that Sofia was becoming a rather good influence to me, I try to contain my smile but fail as he laughs even harder. ''Oh fuck, you're so whipped!'' He laughs even harder catching Ares' attention and it doesn't take long for him to join in too. 

''Fuck off, the both of ya. Get yourself a lay instead indulging in mine.'' I get up and leave the building, enter my car and drive back home. What the fuck? Home?