56

Here's a really long chapter peeps. Don't forget to show love!!

SOFIA MARCELLO

My heart beats at a rapid pace and there's a hollowness to my stomach as we get closer to the place I dread. This place brings out something in me and it's anything but good. Adriano looks at me through the rear-view mirror and he fixes his gaze on me. The deep blue in his eyes bringing out that cold stare.

He's trying to assure me that everything will turn out to be okay but that's because he doesn't know the fact that my mother is in Alex's captive.

He doesn't know that I'm willing to put myself on the line. It would be too much of a distraction for him if he was trying to protect two people at once.

Plus, I doubt he'd want anything to do with my mother. We're travelling in one car with only our driver who's in other words, a skilled soldier.

Other troops of men are on their way, some hiding out at spots at distances and some ready for air-action.

His gaze snaps back to the road when he sees me giving him a slight nod of assurance that I'm okay and mentally prepared for this. The silent war rages in my chest and I try to keep myself sane not even realizing that the car has stopped.

We're at its peak. I lead the way as expected by Alex.

"What the fuck are we doing here, Sofia?" Adriano plays along. We enter the ruined hall where Alex sits like he's waiting for his next meal.

My hands shiver at the thought of this place and I press it firmly to my side. The place is surrounded with trees which can play to our advantage, only if everything goes to plan.

Suddenly, troops of Alex's men surround us leaving us obviously startled so we can look like we were actually fooled.

"Look who's here! The infamous Adriano Calveti. At my doorstep, that too unarmed." Alex smirks looking at me. Adriano shifts to the right to cover me from his gaze.

"Why don't we cut out the sarcasm and get to the topic?" Adriano says.

"As you wish. Here's the paper, sign over all of your reign on Europe. I could kill you right here, but then I'd lose all of the chains you own as your cover story for the police."
His gaze shifts to me. "And Sofia of course. Aren't you forgetting something?" He motions for me to come to him and tosses a pen towards Adriano but he doesn't even bother looking at it, letting it drop to the floor.

"What do you mean by Sofia?" Adriano asks Alex.

"Ohh, yea right. You don't know, how would you?" He clicks his tongue.

"Sofia why don't you tell him?" He slowly treads towards me. Adriano's gaze follows him and it looks like he wants to kill him then and there. Alex stands next to me and tucks a stray strand of hair behind my ear.

I try to hold in the shiver I feel from the fear of his touch. I may have grown stronger but that's only the strength of my body.

"Seems like cat's got her tongue. Don't worry, I'll spare you the misery." He walks around us in a circle while his men hold Adriano at gunpoint. "This is where everything begun and where I plan to end this chapter of Sofia's miserable life. You see, there's one thing she can never get rid of, and that is the hold I have on her even though you may have managed to get into her head and pussy."

"I have something that she can't give up on even though it's what caused all of this," at this, Adriano frowns and pierces his gaze at Alex. It's the one detail that I haven't told Ad. I just hope everything goes to plan.