15

ADRIANO

It had been a day since Sofia was admitted in the hospital and today she was finally being shifted to live in with me again, under my care. Apparently she was too weak to get up either physically or mentally.

My personal doctor had disapproved of the medications Anna had prescribed for Sofia but suggested that she indulge in therapy. According to him, the concussion was severe but placing her on medications wouldn't make her mental health any better especially when on the strong ones Anna had suggested.

I was so close to losing her that day and now I had decided to save her at all costs even if it means risking my life. Alan, her father was furious when he had come over to see her at the hospital.

With very much reasoning and a blow to my face, he had agreed to not wake her up and startle her. Instead, he had invited us to dinner alongside Samantha, once Sofia woke up. 

The last time I had spoken to her was when she had taken Sofia to the mall. I was so close to calling off the alliance when Alan enlightened me regarding the friendship he and my father had had over the years.

Despite being the capo, my father was still doubtful since I did not have a wife. Meaning, no heir to lead the clan ahead. And according to him, Samantha was the key. Otherwise I would be stripped off of my title and it would most probably go to Ronan.

As the eldest, it was always my duty to step up to tasks and do them without asking any further questions. I had proposed Ronan with the idea of exchanging titles but he had been adamant that he did not want to be the capo.

He believed in love and finding someone good for himself. And that's when I believed that he and Sofia might be meant for each other. I could not forget the morning when they were dancing in my apartment. She had looked so carefree and happy and it had been a long time since I had seen Ronan smile.

I snapped out of my thoughts when Ronan's name flashed on the screen on my phone. I answered the call holding it up to my ear. ''Any updates on Alex or Arnold?''

''Head to the warehouse Ad. I just got a lead and a package had landed on the door this morning at my apartment. I think we'll have to relocate pretty soon with the pace he's keeping with us'', he explains.

''Okay I'm heading over, just send over some men to tighten up the security here since I'm stepping out'', he hummed before hanging up. I grabbed my blazer and phone before striding towards Sofia's room to find Anna sitting by her.

''How's she? Any progress?'' I inquire.

''She might wake up soon since her vitals are getting better. Maybe in 4 or 5 hours'', she explains. I sigh heavily. ''Will it be okay for me to head to the bathroom, I'll be back in five?'' I nod as she walks out and as soon as I hear the door close, I walk over to the stool beside the bed and sit down.

Her skin now looked better than before and she was finally off of the oxygen supplement. But, it still hurt to look at her in this condition.

I move a few strands of hair from her forehead as she scrunches up her nose when my fingers graze her nose. I chuckle a little before placing a small but lingering kiss on her forehead and then one more on the back of her hand. Ti aspettero amore (I'll be waiting for you love) I thought in my mind before leaving the room and heading out to the warehouse.

Reaching the warehouse, I was greeted by a room of the surveillance of my old apartment where it all had happened since Sofia had begun living with me.

''Look here, this video has been repeated and downloaded into our database which is unusual since all of our videos are self-uploaded every week'', Ronan explains while showing me the footage where Ronan and I were discussing something after the breakdown Sofia had endured when she had received the voicemail form Alex.