57

ADRIANO ENZO CALVETI

Everything stops as I see her suck in a breath and I look behind her to see Dane holding a gun.

"You took away my brother, consider this as an exchange." I feel my palm become moist and I retract it to see red covering my hands.

I look down her back and see blood seeping out of her. "No, Sofia, this can't happen. I need you to stay awake! Sof, cara, please." I yell for my men and look up to see that Dane is gone. I'm losing her. "No Sofia, cara, you have to stay awake for me, baby." I pick her up into my arms and walk out of the hall spotting Ronan.

"Fuck, what happened to her?" Ronan asks.

"Call the fucking doctor right now. She can't die! Send one of the men to get her mother from that room." With that, I head off.

The fear in me overrides all the other aches in my body. Her eyes are closing. I feel like everything is slipping out of my hands. I sit in the car and ask Ronan to drive.

"No, no, you're not going anywhere," I say when I feel that she can't take the pain anymore. I apply pressure to the wounds to stop the bleeding but there's so much. I've never feared anything in my life until now.

I feel like I won't be able to live without her. She parts her lips and says "thank you," and then her eyes close. "No, fuck. Drive faster!"

"Vai all'ospedale più vicino! Non abbiamo tempo!" I can't risk her life. I can deal with the authorities but losing her – never. (Head to the nearest hospital! We don't have time!).

"Va bene." (Okay)

Just as we pull up to a hospital right outside the city, I carry her and hurry to the counter. "She's been shot three times. I need her to be alive otherwise I'm burning down this place." The attendant seemed startled and she doesn't move until she hears the doctor's voice from behind me.

"Place her on the bed, we're moving her to the theatre." I immediately turn around and place Sofia's pale body on the bed. They move her to the rooms as fast as they can and I'm about to enter the room when the doctor stops me.

I look down at her frail hand on my arm and grit my teeth in anger. "You can't go inside."

"You can't fucking stop-" she cuts me off and holds me by my arm.

"Yes, I can and then there'll be a delay in operating on her with you bickering here. Now son, go to the front and fill the forms. I'll try my best." If she were a man, she'd be buried six feet under right now but I try to stop myself from barging in there when Sofia's life is at risk.

The last thing I see is the doors of the operation theater closing as they all work to keep her alive. I don't think I'll be able to live through the anticipation of knowing if I'll get to see her again. Or even bicker with her.

I pace around and check up on my men who have returned to the warehouse with Alex in the basement. Seeing my state, Ronan decides to fill in the forms and head back to the warehouse to get changed.

There's blood everywhere yet I can't find it in me to bother cleaning up my wounds and whatsoever. The light atop the theater's door stays red and my vision stays stuck there.

After four hours, the door finally opens and the doctor comes out. "She's currently stable as of now."

But, we're sorry to inform you that she is in a coma. This is due to her sustaining a lot of blood loss. Without adequate blood flow, the brain and other vital organs were deprived of oxygen, leading to loss of consciousness and resulting in a coma." 

This was the last thing I heard before everything went numb. 

---

Yes, I know this chapter is short, but it's a part of the story. 

Anyways, love ya'll. Don't forget to show your love <3