42 - i can't lose you

*they are recently together*
*will pov*

Mike and I walk into the field we go to and watch the sunset almost every night, but something was different about tonight.

The sky is pitch black and covered in dark clouds, lightning occasionally lighting up the sky, but a strong gust of wind blows against us. I go to hold Mike's hand, but when I don't feel him next to me, I look over to see him levitating.

His feet are dangling a few inches above the ground and his eyes are rolling back into his head, his hands by his sides. My stomach drops and I begin to sob. This can't be happened.

"Mike! Mike wake up! It's Will! I'm here!" I scream, pulling on his feet slightly as he raises more in the air.

"I don't know what to do! Mike you have to wake up! Please!" I sob, but he's now out of my reach. I jump in the air and try to get him down, but it's no use.

Before I can catch my breath, his bones begin to snap. His arms and his legs, and then his neck. I turn away quickly and freeze in fear at what I just saw, and when I hear a loud thud, I turn around to see his bent body laying on the ground, and I kneel down at his side, sobbing and gasping for air.

"No! Why him?! Why him?! I love him and you had to take that away from me! You've taken everything away from me!" I scream, slamming my fists into the ground.

My eyes open and I sit up straight in my bed, my neck sweating and my face and pillow wet with tears.

It was just a nightmare.

Mike is okay?

Is he?

I grab a sweatshirt and pull it over my head, climbing out my window and grabbing my bike.

The air is freezing and I continue to cry violently as I pedal faster than I ever have towards Mike's house, parking my bike out back and peaking through the basement door window.

I see Mike peacefully sleeping on the couch like he has the past few weeks for some reason. I knock lightly and hear some shuffling, Mike swinging the door open a minute later. His face drops when he sees how upset I am, and he looks a little scared, but I'm just relieved to see his face.

"Mike." I sigh, falling into his arms. I wrap my arms around his torso and it takes him a second, but he holds my waist and pulls me inside, shutting the door.

"Will, what's wrong? Are you okay? Are you hurt?" he asks, worry filling his voice.

"No. I had a - a nightmare that y - you died. You died right in front of me. I can't lose you, Mike. You're all I have." I sob, falling onto the couch. He sits down next to me and holds me close to his chest, squeezing me into his body.

"Oh, Will. I'm so sorry. It wasn't real, okay? I'm fine. We're fine. You're never ever gonna lose me, okay? I'm always gonna be here for you." he reassures, holding me tightly. He kisses my head occasionally and rubs my back as I calm myself down.

"I'm sorry I came here so late. I was just really uh - scared." I say, completely embarrassed.

"Will don't be sorry. I'm always here for you. You know that. You can always talk to me!" Mike says. I lift my head up towards him so that our eyes lock, and I hope that I have the privilege to look into his eyes forever.

"Are you feeling better?" Mike asks, holding my face in his hand.

"A lot better." I say, pressing my lips softly onto his. The kiss is short, but it's everything I needed to make me feel okay again. I kiss his rosy cheek once more before laying my head back down on his chest.