Twenty eight

Chloe sat in bed with Esmè. She looked to her and smiled. Chloe knew how a lot had happened. And how messy that things were.

She knew that even though she and Graham weren't together, that she couldn't stop thinking about him. She couldn't stop thinking about what had happened.

She knew that he was Esmè's father at the end of the day. She knew that Esmè that she missed him. Chloe knew that she did.

She wanted to find out who had attacked him. And she wanted to make them pay.

Chloe knew just how hard that things were. She knew just that as mean and spiteful that Graham could be, that he didn't deserve this.

Chloe got dressed. She got Esmè dressed and walked down into the kitchen. She smiled as she saw Kim. Kim looked to her daughter. "How are you love?" Kim asked.

Chloe looked to her and smiled. "I'm okay. I'm tired. And I'm worried about everything that is going on," she said.

Kim looked to her daughter and smiled. "I know that you're worried about Graham. But you need to focus on Esmè. Let the police get to the bottom of it over Graham," Kim told her.

Chloe nodded. She sighed and gave Esmè some toast. "At least Cain is in the clear. It's what Scar needs. The last thing she needs is the stress. And to lose another baby," she said as Kim nodded.

Chloe could tell how Kim didn't like cain. But Chloe knew she only wanted her sister to be happy.

****

Chloe walked through the village with Esmè. She smiled as she looked to see Scarlett. She looked to her. "Hey. Are you okay?" Chloe asked

Scarlett nodded and smiled. "I'm fine. I was going to ask you the same thing. You look stressed. I'm okay. I have Cain back. And he isn't getting charged. That's all I can hope for," she said.

Chloe smiled. "It's all going to be okay. You have the father of your baby. Unlike me. I'm just so scared. I know I still love him. Despite all that he has done to us. And everything that he has done to Esmè. I know he's still her father. We grew up without a father. We know what it's like. And I don't want that for her," she said as she looked to her daughter who was sitting on the floor.

Scarlett looked to her and smiled.  "I know it's hard. But you're not alone. You never will be. Graham is going to be okay," Scarlett said as Chloe smiled.

She hoped that she was right.

****

Chloe got back to Home Farm.  She frowned as she saw Kim and looked to her. She could see that there was something bothering her and she was worried. "Mum what is it. What's going on?" Chloe asked.

Kim looked to her and smiled. "The hospital called. It's Graham. He's woken up," she said as Chloe looked to her and frowned.

She didn't know what to think about it all. She knew that now that he was awake it would change everything.

But could they find out just who attacked him?