Twenty-Three

Everything was a blur. Chloe woke up and realised she was in the woods. Esmè's rocking horse ornament next to her. She blinked and saw Graham lying there. He was covered in blood.

Chloe stood up and saw that she was covered in blood too. She was shaking and she was scared. She didn't know what to do. She didn't see the man in the distance watching her. They wanted her to get the blame for what happened to Graham.

****

Kim looked up as Chloe stumbled into the house. She was covered in blood. Kim paled. "Chloe? What happened?"

"I-I don't know. I was arguing with Graham in the woods. A-And next thing I know, I'm waking up covered in blood," Chloe mumbled.

Kim frowned. "Why were you in the woods?"

"He asked me to meet him there. He said he wanted to talk to me about Esmè. He lied. He used me again," Chloe sobbed.

"What happened?"

Chloe wiped away her tears. "He had sex with me. I don't know why I did it. But I-I missed him," she sobbed.

Kim pulled her into her arms. She looked into her eyes. "Go and get in the shower. Being those clothes down. We need to burn them. Is he alive?"

"I-I don't know. I remember being hit with something. Then Esmè's horse.. the rocking one. Ornament that you got her, it was next to me. But... I don't remember anything else. Why can't I remember?" She asked.

Kim nodded. She watched as Chloe walked upstairs. She knew this was a huge mess. Especially if Graham had been killed.

****

Scarlett walked into the house. She looked at Kim. "What's been happening?" She asked.

"Chloe. She turned up covered in blood."

Scarlett paled. "Is she okay?" She asked. She looked at her mum. "Well?"

Kim sighed and looked at her. "She is. I'm not too sure about Graham. She said that they had a fight and she woke up covered in blood. Graham next to her."

Scarlett was shocked. She looked up as Chloe came downstairs. She was shaking. "W-What if he's dead? What if I killed him?" She asked.

All of a sudden there was a knock at the door. Kim answered it and saw the police. "Mrs Kim Tate? We've found your husband, Graham Foster in the woods. It would appear someone has attempted to kill him."

Chloe sighed in relief when she realised Graham wasn't dead. But she felt guilty for not knowing what had happened.

****

It was 3am in the morning. Chloe made her way to the hospital. She saw a nurse. "I-I'm looking for Graham Foster. He's my... my partner and I heard he had been attacked."

"This way."

Chloe followed the nurse to ICU. She saw Graham lying there. Motionless. Chloe felt a tear slip down her cheeks. She walked inside and took his hand. "I'm so sorry. I never meant for this to happen. I love you so much and seeing you like this breaks my heart," she sobbed.

Chloe knew she couldn't remember what happened. But would it all come back to her?

****
Authors Note;
I'm going to be doing something a little different with the next chapter. There's going to be a flashback chapter. So it'll explain everything that happened in this. The Chloe and Graham argument and the events leading up to it!
Thought I'd fill you all in so you're not confused about why this chapter happened before that one
xoxo