Five

Chloe sighed as she sat in the bed in her hotel room. Things weren't going the way she needed them to. She had the feeling that something was going to happen. Something involving Kim. She couldn't have that. She needed to make everything work out.

Chloe grabbed her phone and saw a text from Graham.

We need to talk soon - Graham
Sure. I'll come to home farm soon - Chloe.

***
Graham sighed. He wanted to tell Chloe about him working for Kim Tate. He had no idea that Kim was Chloe's mum.

Joe walked in and smiled. "I'm off to see Debbie soon," he said.

Graham sighed. "You know why we're here. Things can't carry on," he told him.

"But you're allowed to get a blonde nineteen year old into bed? I doubt our lady in question would be happy about that," Joe said.

Graham looked at him. "That is my private concern."

***
Chloe pulled up outside of Home Farm. Graham came out. "Thank you for coming."

"What's happened?" Chloe asked as she smiled. She climbed back into her car. Graham sat in the drivers seat. Chloe didn't mind that. "Come on."

Graham looked at her. "There are some things I haven't told you. Meaning I haven't been completely honest with you," he said.

Chloe frowned. "What?"

"I'm here looking after this house for someone. Joe is too. She pays us to be her house sitters. Her name is Kim Tate."

Chloe felt the colour drain from her face. She looked at him. She knew she couldn't tell him that Kim was her mum. But she didn't know why Kim had sent her to the village.

Graham sighed. "This house, the cars, they're not Joe's. They belong to Kim. We were sent here to keep an eye on everything and some other stuff," he told her.

Chloe nodded. "Right. That's nothing too bad."

***
Chloe met with her sister. She knew she couldn't tell her about Graham. Scarlett smiled. "So, come on. How's everything going? Have you gotten Mr Mystery to reveal his hidden depths?" She asked.

"You've no idea," she mumbled.

***
Joe walked back in after seeing Debbie. Graham looked up at him. "I told Chloe about Kim. She accepted it," he told Joe.

Joe nodded. "Right. Don't you think that Chloe resembles Kim? Or is that just me?" He asked.

"I doubt that. Kim doesn't have a daughter. Her only child is James and we don't know where he is," Graham told him.

"Yes. My dear old uncle," Joe said.

***
Chloe drove around with Scarlett. She got a text from her older brother.

Meet me. Want to see my little sisters - James. 
Where? - Chloe
That Hotten place. Near the village - James.

Chloe drove to Hotten. She smiled as she saw her brother. Chloe hugged him. "Been a while," James said as he hugged Scarlett. He smirked. "How's it going?"

Chloe made no comment. Scarlett shrugged. "Not bad. Chloe's really got her claws in."

James smirked. He knew when the girls found out the truth, they'd not be happy. But it was all for their mum.