Six

Chloe knew her mum was being released from prison soon. She didn't know how she felt about that. She knew everything would change when Kim came out. She didn't know what it meant for her and Graham.

When she woke that morning, she got out of her bed and ran to the bathroom. She emptied the contents of her stomach. Chloe groaned. She sat on the edge of the bathtub and sighed.

Realisation dawned on Chloe. Her period was late. She swore to herself as she checked her phone. She was late by three weeks and she didn't even realise.

***
Chloe went into town. She took a deep breath and sighed. She needed to pick up a pregnancy test. A pregnancy was the last thing she needed. Especially with her mum coming out of prison soon.

Chloe knew for certain that Graham was the father. But she didn't think she could tell him. She knew all about his ex-wife and his baby daughter.

"There you are."

Chloe turned to see her sister. Chloe groaned. "You stalking me?"

Scarlett grinned and shrugged. "Yes. Besides why are you looking at pregnancy tests?"

Chloe sighed. "You cannot tell anyone. Not even Graham," she said.

Scarlett realised that her sister was pregnant. She took her hand. "It's all going to be okay Chloe. I promise."

Chloe scoffed. "How? Mum is literally going to kill me. I'm pregnant and she warned us to not let anything happen," she said.

***
Chloe and Scarlett went back to their hotel room. Chloe went to take the test. She was scared. She didn't want to be pregnant. She didn't even know what she was going to do.

Scarlett smiled. "I promise. It's all going to be okay."

Chloe had taken the test. The two Tate sisters sat on the side of the bathtub again. Chloe's phone beeped. She turned the test over:

Pregnant.
8-9 weeks.

Chloe felt the colour drain from her. Scarlett sighed. "Is it Graham's baby?" She asked.

Chloe nodded. "Yep. It's his. I don't even know what I'm going to do. I don't even know if I can keep it. Mum is going to kill me."

***
Chloe walked to Home Farm. She saw Graham and sighed. "Can we talk?" She asked. She needed to tell him about the baby.

Graham looked at her and nodded. "Is everything okay?"

Chloe shook her head. She handed him the pregnancy test. Graham looked down at it. He stayed silent. Chloe sighed. "Can you say something please?"

Graham handed her the test back. He walked inside and closed the door. Chloe decided to follow him.

***
Graham was about to pour himself a drink when Chloe grabbed the bottle. "Don't even think about it you selfish man!" She yelled.

"Selfish? Was this your plan? To trap me?"

Chloe scoffed. "Oh believe me pal. I wouldn't waste the energy. We both forgot the condom but forgive me for thinking you'd be able to help me make a decision. A decision about our baby. But no, you go looking for the answer at the bottom of the bottle!" She yelled.

Graham watched as Chloe smashed the bottle and left. She didn't know what to do. Not anymore. Not now she alone.