Seventeen

Graham walked downstairs. He saw Esmè sitting at the bottom of them playing with her toys. Esmè looked up and giggled. She stood up and toddled off.

Chloe came after her. "Which way did she go?" She asked as she grinned. Graham pointed towards the kitchen. "She's a little demon at times. Wouldn't change her though."

Graham smiled slightly. He followed Chloe who went after Esmè. She was sitting under the table by Kim who doted on her granddaughter.

Scarlett saw the closeness between Chloe and Graham and wondered if something had gone down between them. Chloe saw the look on Scarlett's face and shook her head.

***
Chloe sat with Esmè in the living room. They were watching TV when Graham came in. He had Rhona with him. Deep down, Chloe had hoped that his relationship with Rhona wouldn't last.

Esmè looked up at Graham and grinned again. She fell down onto Chloe's lap. Rhona smiled. "Graham said she was beautiful. She really is."

"Yeah thanks. I should probably go and take her for a walk. She doesn't like being cooped up," she told the two of them.

Graham looked at Chloe. "I can do that. If you'd like. I'm due to collect some stuff anyway," he said.

Chloe was apprehensive. But she decided to let Graham spend some time with his daughter. "Fine. I'll go and get her ready."

***
Scarlett looked up as Chloe walked in. She frowned when Esmè wasn't toddling behind her. "Where is she?" She asked.

"Graham. He took her out for a walk. Rhona was there too."

"And you're not worried that she'll try and get your daughter hooked on drugs?" She asked.

Chloe shrugged. She knew Graham would look after their daughter. He wouldn't let anyone hurt her. "If anything happens to Esmè while Rhona is around, I will make sure that she never goes near her or Graham again."

***
Graham heard Esmè squealing was she in her pushchair. He noticed that there were some sheep. Rhona smiled. "She's Chloe's twin isn't she?"

"She's beautiful. My second chance at being a father."

Rhona looked at him. "I'm sorry I can't give you any children. I know I wish I could."

"It's okay. I'm more than happy with Esmè. She can be my main focus," Graham said.

Rhona smiled. "There is surrogacy. Or adoption."

***
Chloe looked up as Esmè toddled in. She grinned. "Hello my gorgeous."

Graham and Rhona behind her. Chloe sighed. "I take it she was good? Didn't get hooked on anything?" She asked.

Rhona knew that was a dig at her issues with drugs. She didn't say anything though. She didn't think Chloe would be as manipulative and evil as Kim.

Graham however, glared at Chloe. "Don't talk to her like that. She has done nothing wrong."

Chloe rolled her eyes. "Don't talk to me like that either. I'm not that stupid girl who seduced you. I'm the mother of your daughter and if you want a repeat of today,  I suggest you change with me. Don't test me on this."

Graham watched as Chloe scooped up Esmè and walked off. He knew Chloe held all the strings with Esmè. But could he be a father to his daughter without anyone being hurt or upset?