Thirty

Chloe was on edge ever since Graham had admitted that he knew who had tried to kill him. She knew that she was worried.

She knew that she just wanted for things to be okay. And it wasn't easy. And she was worried over who it could be.

She was worried that it could be someone in her own family. And she couldn't help but feel anxious about it all.

Chloe knew how Graham hadn't told her the truth. She just didn't know what to think.

Chloe picked up Esmè and smiled. "Hi baby. I know that you're teething. And in pain. But mummy loves you. I know it's hard but it will be okay. Mummy promises," she said as she held her close.

She knew how everything was a mess and she hated it.

Chloe settled Esmè and sat her on the bed with her toys and smiled. She knew that Esmè was the only thing that she did right. And how she looked so much like Graham.

She knew it did scare her. She wanted it to be okay. But she had no idea who had attacked Graham. Or what he was going to do about it and it worried her.

Chloe looked to see the door opened as Kim walked in. "Morning mum."

Kim looked to her and smiled. "Hey. I wanted to see if you were okay. I know that you went to see Graham," she said.

Chloe looked to her and smiled. "I'm okay. I know that you want to know. But I know nothing mum I swear," she said as Kim nodded.

****

Chloe walked through the village with Esmè. She saw Scarlett who smiled. She looked to her twin sister. "Hey. I wanted to see if you were okay. I know that you have been struggling. But I am here for you," Scarlett said.

"It means a lot. I just don't know where to go with him, you know. I mean so much has happened. And he told me he knows who attacked him. But he didn't tell me what. And he is Esmè's father. And it's a mess. I am scared. I mean, I think that part of me is still in love with him," Chloe told her.

Scarlett looked to her and smiled. "I know it's hard. And how it is. But you do whatever makes you happy. Even if it is Graham. I am your sister. And you shoukd know no matter what you do,I am here?" Scarlett said as Chloe looked to her and smiled.

****

Chloe got to the hospital. She looked to see Graham as he stood packing. "Are you getting out?" She asked.

Graham nodded. "I'm not staying here any longer," he said as he turned to her.

Chloe nodded. "Esmè misses you."

Graham smiled. "I miss her too."

"I need to know what you're going to do. You said how you know who attacked you. But what is your plan. Are you going to tell me who it is?" she asked as he turned to face her.

He walked over to her. He placed a hand on her arm and smiled. "You don't need to worry. It's all going to be okay," he said as the two of them held a look.

Chloe was worried but just what was Graham planning? And more importantly just who had attacked him?