Thirteen

Scarlett walked into Chloe's hospital room. She still wasn't awake yet. Scarlett was worried that she wouldn't wake either. Esmè had been released from hospital and Scarlett was keeping an eye on her.

Scarlett sat down and sighed. She took Chloe's hand. "You need to wake up now Chloe. Your little girl needs you. Priya is watching her now."

***
Graham walked into the nursery. He saw his daughter in the cot and sighed. He wanted to pick her up and hold her but he couldn't do that.

The door opened and Priya walked in. "Oh. Scarlett says that I'm to keep an eye on her."

Graham nodded. "Right. Thank you."

Priya picked up Esmè and held her. She looked at Graham. "She needs a feed. Do you happen to know where Scarlett keeps her bottles?" She asked.

"I'm assuming somewhere in the kitchen," he said.

***
Scarlett felt a hand take hers. She saw Chloe opening her eyes. "Hey. Welcome back to the land of living."

Chloe tried to speak but she had a tube in her mouth. Scarlett ran to get a nurse. The nurse came back in and took the tube out. Chloe sat up. "What happened?" She asked.

"You were in a car accident. You and Graham."

Chloe frowned. Her hands went straight to her stomach. She felt the tears when she couldn't feel the baby bump. "It's okay. The baby survived. She's been home for a few days. Priya is looking after her."

Chloe nodded. "What about?"

"Graham? He survived too."

Chloe nodded and sighed. She looked down at her stomach. "What does she look like? My baby?" She asked.

Scarlett smiled. She took out her phone and showed Chloe the photo of Esmè. Chloe smiled. "She's adorable. Who's looking after her when Priya isn't there? Graham?"

"No. Me. Graham is the reason you crashed Chlo. He took hold of the steering wheel and you crashed. You nearly died," Scarlett said.

***
Scarlett returned home to see Graham looking at Esmè. She frowned. "Where's Priya?"

"I sent her home."

Scarlett rolled her eyes. "I asked her to keep an eye on Esmè. Chloe is gonna be pissed."

Graham sighed. "She is my daughter Scarlett."

"You're the reason Chloe crashed the car! She could have died and we could have lost Esmè. How do you think she would cope if she lost her daughter?"

Graham sighed again. "I regret my actions. But you cannot deny that she is my daughter."

***
Chloe wanted to go home. She wanted to be with her daughter. The nurse walked in and smiled. "How are you?"

"I want to go home. Today please."

The nurse sighed. "I'm sorry. You can't do that. You need to recover."

Chloe rolled her eyes. "I don't give a damn about recovering. My newborn daughter is at home and she needs her mum. I'm leaving hospital today. Regardless of what anyone says."

***
Scarlett and Graham looked up as Chloe walked in. "What are you doing here?" Scarlett asked.

"I came back. My little girl needs me."

Graham looked at Chloe. He knew he was the reason for the accident. But could they make their relationship work? If they even had a relationship?