Thirty two

Chloe knew how things weren't easy. She knew how Graham was away. And how it wasn't easy. She knew how Esme missed him and she knew it wasn't easy.

Chloe sat in bed with Esmè. She smiled as she looked to her little girl  "Dada," Esmè said

Chloe looked to her and smiled. "You will see daddy soon darling. Don't worry," she said as she placed a hand on her daughter's cheek.

Chloe knew how up and down that things were with her and Graham. She knew the she wanted to make it work for Esmè's sake. But she also knew that him being away didn't help any of it.

Chloe got out of bed. She got Esmè dressed and smiled as she walked down into the kitchen as she saw Kim who looked to her.

"Have you heard from her father?" Kim asked.

Chloe sighed. "He's text a few times to see how she is. But other than that, I haven't heard. It's not easy with us. I know how he was attacked. I know how he is lucky to be alive. But I also know how he is after revenge. So I am just worried," she said.

Kim looked to her and smiled. "I know that you're worried. You're doing your best with Esmè. And you're a good mum. Graham does his own thing. It will be okay in the end. Just give him some time," she said as Chloe looked to her and smiled.

Hoping that she was right.

****

Chloe smiled as she walked thighs the village as she saw Scarlett as she stood watching Cain and Caleb who were bickering. "What's going on there?"

"Cain won't give him a chance. He hit on me so I feel bad. There's something about him I can't put my finger on," Scarlett said as Chloe looked to Caleb.

She didn't know what it was. But she got what Scarlett was saying. And that there was something about him.

"I'm sure that it will be fine. You and Cain are good together. You can make it work. Besides, he'd be lost without you. And this new brother he won't come between you either," Chloe said as Scarlett looked to her sister and smiled.

Chloe knew that Cain make Scarlett happy. And she knew that they belonged together. She how she wasn't going to let this new brother of his come between them. No matter what.

****

Chloe looked to see Caleb as he was walking through the village. She didn't know what it was about him. But she knew that she didn't fully trust him. She walked over to him and looked for him.

"I don't know what your issue is. But if you try it on with my sister again, I will end you," she said.

Caleb looked to her and smirked. "Is that so? Well why don't you let me take you out for a drink. And you can tell me how you will end me," he said as she frowned. "Seven o'clock in the woolpack," he said as he walked off.

Chloe stood there confused. Asking herself just what had just happened.