Fourteen

Graham walked into the kitchen to see Chloe holding Esmè. He saw her trying to soothe her. "Is she okay?" Graham asked.

Chloe looked up and nodded. "She's fine. Just being grouchy. But then again, look at her parents. One of them is the grumpiest git there is. And then there's me."

Graham nodded. He could just make out his daughter's black hair and smiled. "Could I hold her?" He asked.

Chloe was shocked. She walked over to him and placed their daughter into his arms. Graham smiled down at her as she settled in his arms. He smiled at Chloe. "She really is beautiful."

"She is. I'm shocked you're not in my mum's bed. She kicked you out?" Chloe asked.

"No."

"Wow."

***
A few hours later, Scarlett walked into the living room to see Chloe asleep with Esmè in her arms. She smiled and went over to her. Scarlett gently picked her up and placed her in the Moses basket.

She turned as she saw Graham walk in. "Leave her asleep. They both need their rest."

"Yes. I know."

Scarlett smiled down at Esmè who was lying awake. "You and Chloe being together made something beautiful. Your own little girl. She deserves the whole world Graham and you need to realise that if Chloe thinks you'll hurt her or Esmè, she'll leave and none of us will see her again," she said.

"It's not my intention to hurt her. I want to be there for Esmè. And for Chloe if she'll let me."

"Prove it to her. She's been through so much lately and she needs to know she's got support," Scarlett said.

***
When Chloe woke that day, she saw Graham sitting on the sofa. She looked at him. "Where's Esmè?"

"Scarlett has taken her for a walk. She seemed quite restless," Graham said as he handed Chloe a cup of coffee. "I think we need to talk."

Chloe sat up and nodded. She yawned and looked at him. "What's this about?" She asked.

Graham sighed. "I want to be there. For Esmè and for you. If you'll let me."

Chloe frowned. "How do you mean?"

"Support you. Be there when you need help. In other aspects too," he said.

Chloe had a grin appear on her face. "You mean when I need sex and no one else can do it right?"

***
Scarlett returned with Esmè which caused Chloe to get off of Graham. She had ended up straddling him which shocked them both.

Scarlett looked at them. "Oh. I hope me and the little lady didn't interrupt anything," she said.

Chloe shrugged and picked up her baby girl. She held her close and looked at Graham. "I'll see you later," she mumbled.

***
That night, Chloe had just settled Esmè in her cot and climbed into bed. The door opened and Graham walked in. "What can I do for you?" She asked.

"I thought I'd stay here with you. To help with the baby."

Chloe smiled slightly. "The baby's name is Esmè."

Graham nodded and stripped off. He climbed into bed next to Chloe and looked at her. Chloe turned to face the cot and felt Graham slip into her from behind. Chloe moaned and shuffled closer to him. She had been given the all clear to have sex.

Chloe bit back a moan as she didn't want to wake Esmè up. She knew that she and Graham had a lot to do to make their relationship work. But she was confident they could do it.