Sixteen

It had been nearly a year since Chloe had left with Esmè. Nothing was the same around Home Farm. It was quiet. Kim wanted nothing more than her daughter and granddaughter home.

Scarlett walked downstairs and saw her mum with Graham. "Mum, Chloe sent me a video of Esmè. She's walking now," Scarlett said.

Graham looked up at the mention of his daughter. He hadn't seen her since Chloe had left. "How is she?" He asked.

Scarlett could tell that Graham felt bad for what happened. Scarlett smiled and handed him the phone. He watched the video of Esmè and smiled. "She really is beautiful."

***
Chloe sat in her flat. She was missing being in Home Farm. She saw Esmè sitting in the corner playing with her toys. She sighed. "Shall we go back home? With Granny and Scarlett and daddy?"

Esmè blinked a couple of times. She had a smile on her face. Chloe sighed and grabbed her phone;

I'm coming back. I can't handle it being alone - Chloe xx

Once she sent the text, she made her way through to the bedroom. She began packing up her stuff. She knew she couldn't stay in London where she felt alone.

***
Scarlett got the text. She had a grin on her face. Cain walked in and saw the smile. "What's happened?" He asked.

"Chloe. She's coming back with Esmè. She doesn't like being alone in London," Scarlett said. She grinned. "I've not seen Esmè since she was three months old."

Cain smiled.

***
Chloe packed up the car. She had Esmè sitting in the car seat ready. She didn't care about her furniture. All she needed was the cot and Esmè's stuff.

Chloe sighed and got into the car. She kissed Esmè's head and sighed. "Time to see everyone again baby. Including your daddy."

Chloe took a deep breath before she started the car and drove off.

***
Scarlett was sitting in the WoolPack. Graham was there with Rhona. Scarlett knew that she should have told Graham that Chloe was coming back. But she couldn't help but feel that it was down to Graham that Chloe left.

All of a sudden, Scarlett got a text. She opened it and grinned;

Outside the WoolPack - Chloe xx

She stood up and made her way outside. Chloe was standing there with Esmè in her arms. Scarlett ran over and hugged them both.

Chloe smiled. "I take it Graham is still with Rhona?" She asked.

Scarlett nodded. "They're in there right now. He's living back at home farm."

"Can you go and tell him to come out here? But don't let on that I'm back."

***
Graham looked up as Scarlett walked over to him. "Can I have a word in private?" She asked.

Graham nodded and followed Scarlett outside. He got a shock when he saw Chloe. But even more of a shock when he saw his beautiful little girl.

***
Chloe and Graham were sitting outside the cafe. Esmè was sleeping in her pushchair. Graham couldn't stop looking at her. "What made you come back?" He asked.

"I hated being lonely. She knows who you are by the way. I told her about you and showed her your picture. She knows you're her father," Chloe said.

Graham smiled. Esmè woke up and began fussing. Chloe took her out and held her. She smiled at Graham. "Do you want to hold her?" She asked.

Graham nodded. Chloe kissed Esmè's head and handed her to Graham. Esmè babbled and looked at Graham. "She is beautiful Chloe."

"She is. Especially when she has her grin on her face."

Graham looked down at Esmè and smiled. He knew he was going to do whatever he could to be in his daughters life. But would it work out for him?