Twenty-Two

Chloe couldn't believe that Graham had taken Esmè from the house. She knew he wanted to take her to France with him and Chloe wasn't going to let that happen.

Chloe made her way to Rhona's. She wasn't going to let him get away with taking her daughter. Not when he hadn't been bothered all that much with her before.

****

Rhona saw Chloe pulling up outside. She got Graham who had Esmè in his arms. "Take her. I'll talk to Chloe."

Rhona took Esmè from Graham and went upstairs. Chloe banged on the door and Graham answered. "Where the hell is she?"

"I take it you're referring to Esmè. She is safe. Away from Home Farm," Graham said.

Chloe frowned. "You what? She is safe with me! Do you think I would let anyone hurt her? You're deluded!"

Graham pushed Chloe back. He closed the door. "Explain why she has a bruise on her arm. Don't blame Millie," he said.

Chloe rolled her eyes. "She is my daughter! You didn't even want her at first!"

"I am keeping her safe. I don't think it's you who's hurting her. But someone else."

"You're unbelievable. You really are. No one is hurting her! You're the one who's hurting her by taking her away from everyone she knows and loves! If you truly loved Esmè then you wouldn't," Chloe said.

Graham smirked. "She is staying with me where she is safe. You can go now."

Chloe looked at him. "You're gonna pay for this. I promise you."

****

Chloe returned to home farm. She was fuming. Kim frowned. "What?" 

"Graham. He took Esmè because he thinks someone is hurting her. He thinks I'm hurting her cause of a bruise she has," Chloe mumbled.

Kim was fuming. She knew Chloe wouldn't ever hurt her little girl. She saw how upset Chloe was. She sighed. "He won't get away with this. I promise you," she said.

Chloe shrugged. "I'm going for a lie down. I can't handle not being with my baby," she mumbled.

Kim watched as Chloe walked upstairs. She knew her daughter was close to breaking and she didn't know how much longer it would take before she cracked.

****

Kim and Scarlett were in the village. They saw Graham. But he didn't have Esmè with him. "He's left Esmè with Rhona? And he thinks Chloe is hurting her?" Scarlett spat.

Kim knew Graham wasn't going to get away with hurting Chloe. She walked over to him. "Does it make you feel like a big man? Taking an innocent little girl from her home? From her mother?" She said.

Graham smirked. "Esmè isn't safe up there. Chloe is unstable. Esmè is better off with Rhona and I."

Kim scoffed. She took a step towards him. "You're going to regret ruining my family. That's a promise too."

Graham just walked off. He wasn't thinking anything of it. Kim rolled her eyes. "I don't know what Chloe saw in him."

"They make cute kids."

"Yes I admit Esmè is adorable."

Scarlett smiled and walked off with Kim. Deep down, she wanted Graham to pay for what he had done to her family.