Fifteen

AUTHORS NOTE; I haven't mentioned. But Jamie has returned. Andrea and Millie have too.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*<*~*

Scarlett walked past Chloe's bedroom. She heard the moans and groans coming from within. She rolled her eyes but smiled. She was glad Chloe was happy. But she didn't want her to be hurt again.

Scarlett looked up as Chloe walked in with Esmè. "My poor niece."

"What?"

"Hearing her mummy and daddy at it."

Chloe rolled her eyes. "It wasn't my idea. But you know, wasn't all bad," she said as she kissed Esmè's head.

Scarlett nodded. "Yeah. Okay. Well next time let me know so I can put headphones in," she joked.

"Noted. Anyway, it's the Halloween party at the pub tonight. Fancy it? Esmè is being something cute," Chloe told her. She saw the look on her face. "Oh come on. I know you're dying to be slutty cat."

Scarlett was about to speak when Millie ran in. Chloe smiled. "I'm being a unicorn tonight."

***
Chloe was sitting on her bed with Esmè. She saw how much her little looked like her. The door opened and Kim walked in. She smiled. "How is she?" Kim asked.

"She's good. I think she's tired. Doesn't help that I'm tired too," Chloe replied.

"You were like that. Always tired but fighting it."

***
Chloe arrived at the pub with Scarlett and Esmè. Chloe smiled when she saw baby Eve. She looked at Chas and grinned. "She's so beautiful. Congratulations," she said.

"Thank you. Enjoy tonight."

***
Chloe saw her mum arriving and smiled. "Wow. Didn't think you'd show up."

"I shocked myself."

Chloe grinned. She turned to see Graham with Esmè standing with who she thought was Andrea. "They're so brazen about this. Behind Jamie and your backs. And while he's holding your daughter."

"What?"

Kim said nothing. Instead, she walked over and grabbed the arm. Chloe was shocked to see Rhona standing there with Graham.

***
Chloe looked at Graham. "What's going on?" She asked as she took Esmè from him. She handed her to Andrea. "Well?"

"Rhona and I are seeing each other."

Chloe felt her heart break. She looked at him. "You're kidding me. Are you forgetting about this morning?"

Graham said nothing. Instead he and Rhona walked off. Chloe was close to crying. Jamie and Kim were standing by the door.

Chloe walked over. Graham had a smirk on his face. "Don't talk to me about loyalty Jamie," he spat.

"What?"

"Do you remember racking your brain trying to find out who got you locked up? Well look no further. Because he's standing next to you."

Chloe turned to Jamie. "What's he talking about? You got mum sent to prison?"

***
Everything had gotten messy. Chloe was standing outside. Graham came out. "I'm sorry you found out like that," he said.

Chloe turned to him. She shrugged. "Oh well. But you had our daughter while you were flirting with her. The drug addict. She gonna get you hooked on something else now?" She spat.

"No."

Chloe rolled her eyes. "You've hurt me. For the last time and I don't think I can stay here. Not anymore. So tomorrow, Esmè and I are leaving. We're going to London."

Graham frowned. "She's my daughter. You can't leave."

"I don't have a choice. I can't watch you be happy with someone else when I wish it was me. We could have had the perfect family. Us and our little girl."

***
Chloe sat packing. Scarlett walked in. "Chloe? What's going on?" She asked.

Chloe sighed and looked at her little sister. "Esmè and me. We're going to London. I can't stay here. Not anymore," she mumbled.

Scarlett shook her head. "You can't leave. Please. I need you."

"I wish I could stay. But I really can't. Too much has happened and I need to put Esmè first. You know you can always come with us."

****
The next morning, Chloe was packing up her stuff into the car. Scarlett was holding Esmè. She was crying. "Please don't go. Please."

"Scarlett. I have to. I have to put Esmè first and this isn't it."

Scarlett nodded as Kim came out. Jamie behind her. "Are you sure this is what you want?" Kim asked.

Chloe smiled and nodded. "Yeah. I have to do this. For Esmè."

Kim nodded. She handed Chloe a bag. "There should be enough in there for somewhere decent to live and to have a comfortable life," she said.

Chloe walked over and hugged her mum. She felt tears. "You'll come back?"

"I don't know."

***
Chloe saw Graham with Rhona. She pulled over and took Esmè from the car. "I think it's only fitting you say goodbye to your daughter. I'll give you some time," she mumbled.

Graham took Esmè and held her close. Rhona looked at Chloe. "It's going to destroy him. You taking his daughter away. Especially after last time."

Chloe scoffed. "But it's okay for him to continuously hurt me? Look, this is none of your business. I could have driven off without him even saying goodbye. But I did the decent thing. Now back off and focus on your own child."

Graham walked back over. He handed Esmè back to Chloe. She could tell he had been crying. Chloe put Esmè back into the car and looked at Graham. "I didn't want to do this. But I had no choice. I will tell her who you are. She won't grow up not knowing about her father."

Graham nodded. He watched as Chloe got into the car and drove off. He knew he needed to get his daughter back. But how could he when he didn't know if he would see her again?