Thirty one

Chloe knew that she was worried. She was worried over a lot and what had happened with Graham. She knew how he was plotting his own revenge against the person who attacked him.

He wouldn't even tell her who it was and her head was a mess over it all.

Chloe looked to Esmè and sighed. She knew how the situation was. And how it was a mess. She knew that she was trying her best. But she knew it wasn't easy at all.

Chloe frowned as she heard a knock at the door. She answered it and smiled as she saw Graham. "Hey. Are you okay?" She asked as she lead him inside.

"I'm okay. I have some business to take care of. So I'll be out of town for a few weeks," he said.

Chloe looked to him and raised an eyebrow at him. "Business?" She asked.

Graham smiled. "It's nothing to worry about Chloe. I can handle it," he said as she looked to him and nodded. "I wanted to see Esmè. To say goodbye," he said as she nodded as she lead him into the lounge where Esmè was.

"Dada!" Esmè said as she saw him as Graham picked her up and kissed her forehead.

Chloe looked to them and smiled. She knew that a lot had happened. But she knew that despite it he was a good dad. And Esmè adored him.

"I'll give you two a moment," Chloe said as she walked out of the room as he looked to her and smiled.

****

Chloe worked through the village as she saw Scarlett who smiled as she looked to her sister. "Hey. Are you okay? You look stressed," Scarlett said.

Chloe sighed. "I've been better. Graham has gone away to sort things. I know it's to do with his attack. So it's a lot," she said.

Scarlett smiled. "It will be okay you know."

"I guess. I'm just worried he will do something stupid. And he will end up in a coma. Or even dead this time," Chloe said.

Scarlett looked to her and smiled. "I know that you're worried. But you don't need to worry. Besides it's Graham. He'll do what he wants," she said as her eyes were fixed on Cain as he walked through the village with a man.

"Who's that?" Chloe asked.

"Trouble. His name is Caleb. Apparently he's Cain's brother," Scarlett said. 

"Another one."

"Hmm. I don't trust him I have a bad feeling," Scarlett said as the two of them looked to him.

****

Chloe stood in the shop as she bought some nappies for Esmè. She looked to see Caleb and frowned.

She knew how Scarlett had told her how he was bad news. But she didn't know what it was about him.

"You're Scarlett's sister aren't you. I don't think that she likes me very much," he said. 

Chloe looked to him. "Scar doesn't like many people. She's protective. Especially when it comes to Cain. They've been through a lot."

"I'm not going to hurt him," he said as she nodded before she walked off.

Chloe knew that there was something weird about him. But little did she know the effect he'd have on her life.