4) Platform 9 and 3/4

Hagrid had bought us a snowy white owl to share as a pet. We found an interesting name in one of our Hogwarts textbooks, and settled on 'Hedwig', although it would have made much more sense to name her 'Hedwing'.

September 1st dawned sunny and cold. We had packed up the day before, carrying spare sets of Muggle clothes. I wore a pair of jeans and a ragged T-shirt and combed my short hair hastily.

The Dursleys had agreed to drop us off at King's Cross where the Hogwarts Express was supposed to arrive.

We piled our trunks onto two trolleys and took out our tickets which read 9 and ¾. I stopped between platforms 9 and 10, not seeing any ¾ anywhere!

Harry considered removing his wand and tapping on the two pillars, but I noticed a red-headed family moving in our direction. They did not look like muggles.

"You go first, Percy-!" The mother shrilly told her son, and he tumbled into the 10th platform pillar and vanished.

I blinked, and asked the mother, "Could you-?"

"- First time to Hogwarts? It's Ron's first time as well." She said kindly, as Harry joined me, "All you have to do is run at the wall, and you'll arrive at the Platform."

"Best not to look." A much taller son of the family suggested.
"Break into a run." Another added.

I noticed that they were twins. Gripping my trolley, and adjusting Hedwig's cage, I ran straight ahead at the wall, closing my eyes... And I emerged out at another station. Hogwarts 9 and ¾ sign hung in gold letters above me as students in black robes ascended a parked train.

***